What is it? Set 504

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with the third and fifth ones this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Rob
2938 Display rack for hanging some [I dunno what.] merchandise in a hardware store?
2937 Tropical fruit [no idea which] harvesting tool??
2939 Thermometer (temperature sensor) hung over the edge of a vat cooking something??
2949 Sampling tool for something soft. Grain, soap, latex, butter, lard, cheese? Shove in, twist, pull out, and inspect for quality and density.
On 8/1/2013 4:04 AM, Rob H. wrote:

You have the right general idea.

Not sure about this one, I'm guessing edger.

Nope, one of the words written on it is "tester".

You're on the right track, but you don't list the specific substance that it's used with.

It looks a bit like the tool they use to strip agave leaves.
scott

Fertilizer, natural, bovine, male.

Nope, not for fertilizer, the answer for it has been posted on the site:
No luck yet on the two unidentified tools, the second one looks hand forged and might be difficult to solve but hopefully we'll eventually get an answer for 2937.
Rob

Perhaps 2937 was used to cut hay in the hayloft. Back before haybales came out. I imagine the hay would become quite tightly packed after a while. phil k.

Someone posted the link below on my site, this lawn edger is the only tool that I've seen that resembles 2937, so for now I'm going with this as the answer:
(Amazon.com product link shortened) s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid75522388&sr=1-1&keywords=Lawn+Edger+and+Trenching+Tool
Rob H. wrote:

I see that someone has identified the blue and red device you posted for me a few years ago.
The answer is fully consistent with the person who owned it; my wife's late uncle. He was a chemical engineer and successful businessman; mayor of his home city and a wonderful person. In his later years his interests drifted toward metaphysics and such a device would sure fit for him. One of his projects was attempting to use pyramid power to preserve food. He hoped for new breakthroughs to feed the world.
Rich

Good to hear that you saw the answer, I had sent you an email a few days ago and didn't hear back and I wasn't sure if you were a regular visitor to the site or not.
Rob H. wrote:

Rob, I must be among your most faithful followers. Almost never miss a week, and enjoy guessing immensely. If someone else posts an answer ahead of me, I just let it go.
Changed ISP's a year or so ago and have a new email address.
Don't have the case; I opened it after your posting, but I do have the carbon and the glass plates.
It's nice when you pursue a puzzle and eventually come up with an answer.
Rich
On Friday, August 2, 2013 3:28:41 PM UTC-5, Rob H. wrote:

swer for 2937. Rob
2939 - The basic design and size looks like it would be use similarly as th e seedling planter tool (#2912) in Set 500 - http://55tools.blogspot.com/20 13/07/set-500.html - possibly using one's foot to drive the blade into some thing (the ground)?
Its handle is missing, so we don't know the length of the complete tool, bu t the handle's insert is 4" long, so the handle must/would be fairly long, maybe. I searched for a custom made planting tool, but several/various keyw ord searches came up empty, other than similar planting tools as #2912, in Set 500.
Sonny

2936 appears to be a wall-mount tool holder, and from the elongate holes, I'd say a chisel holder.
2937 I believe is a combination ice chopper and saw, either for ice fishing or for collecting ice.
Lloyd

Yes, it's for a tool, but the word tool doesn't come to my mind when I see what it holds.

Could be, I've heard five or ten possible uses for it but can't prove any of them.
2940 for taking samples / measuring temperatur / humidity in a Hay Barn ?
says...

Nope, it's not for hay.
On 1/08/2013 4:04 PM, Rob H. wrote:

It's for testing something more common than radiation.

Brix tester?

Nope, it's automobile related.