What is it? Set 500

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with the second item this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Rob
Add pictures here
✖

2911 - Craftsman made veneer hammer
2914 - For handling burlap bags -- or small logs ...
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/07/2013 4:05 PM, Rob H. wrote:

2911 An adze for wood working.
https://www.google.com/search?q ­ze&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=gW7VUcLKMsiUiQeGz4GIDg&ved EoQsAQ&biw66&bihX1
No idea on the others as per usual!
Add pictures here
✖
On 7/4/2013 8:48 AM, Rodwell wrote:

2916 bench top clamp for holding wood on edge for jointing or other work.
--
Jeff

Add pictures here
✖

It's definitely for woodworking though the person selling said it was for a slightly different purpose than an adze.
Add pictures here
✖
2914 I don't have any idea what its original purpose was, but it looks like it would be a wonderful back-scratcher. I want one.
On 7/4/2013 4:05 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Correct, the owner called it a bench vise.
Add pictures here
✖

2912 is a seedling planting tool http://www.qdma.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-48512.html http://www.itascagreenhouse.com/page22.html
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2OZPpVVDrJY/T258zIZAqLI/AAAAAAAA9oA/Gq_tuL1dd04/s576/IMG_0435.JPG
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks! Looks like this is probably correct, I'll forward it on to the owner.
The rest of the answers for this set have been posted on the site:
Rob
Add pictures here
✖
On Friday, July 5, 2013 3:35:05 PM UTC-5, Rob H. wrote:

And also a fertilizing tool. We used the tool for stabbing many holes every so often, drop in a hand full of fertilizer and move on, around the pecan trees.
I have a smaller, hand made one for fertilizing around the plum, pear & citrus trees.
Sonny
Add pictures here
✖
Posting from my desk top PC as always.
Hey, congrats on set 500. Real milestone. We're cheering you on.
2911, possibly some kind of adze for wood working. 2912, looks a bit like a seed distributor, back of a farm machine. I've only seen this kind of thing once, and it was a lot of years ago. There was a vibrating wire in the center, to help cut back on jams. There were four or five of these, for the four or five rows of planting. The farmer I visited, may still be alive. I may be able to go to the old machine, and take several photos. Let me know. 2913, with the exposed wick wonder if it's a version of oil lamp, or mabye an inker for printing press? But, no real information. 2914, early carpet kicker for carpet stretching? 2915, bit brace of some kind. But the tip that opens? No clue. 2916, looks a bit like an end bracket for timber frame construction.
Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
I need some help with the second item this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Rob
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm planning to keep it going as long as I can find interesting stuff.
Rob
Add pictures here
✖
"Rob H." wrote:

Wouldn't a 'Real millstone' be more appropriate? ;-)
Add pictures here
✖
I'll let this one go, but don't grind on it.
What mills around, comes around. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
"Rob H." wrote:

Wouldn't a 'Real millstone' be more appropriate? ;-)
Add pictures here
✖
Stormin Mormon wrote:

How corny.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 07 Jul 2013 17:30:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Grinding humor
--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Stormin Mormon wrote:

How corny.
Add pictures here
✖