What is it? Set 495

I have two antique railroad lanterns. Both have ruby red globes.

Reply to
G. Ross

Perhaps these are actually caboose lanterns??? (snip)

Reply to
mungedaddress

I have one like the one at the following link, which has a "lens" just like the one featured in this thread.

Is it a railroad lantern?

Reply to
Bill

Of course. Silly me to think that just because it has the Erie-Lackawana insignia embossed on it it is a railroad lantern.

Reply to
G. Ross
[ ... ]

If I had known that you usually check all three newsgroups, I would not bother convincing my newsreader that I really want to follow up to three newsgroups -- and thus I could also leave out he "Posting from Rec.crafts.metalworking" line. :-)

But that still loses out on the feedback between the three newsgroups, which have different perspectives on the items being offered as puzzles. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Yes, I think it works out better for everyone when all the groups are included in the replies. Thanks for bringing up the subject, I should have posted a reminder a while ago.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.
[ ... ]

Part of the problem is that continued cross-posting in threads is considered poor nettequette -- though nobody is going to agree on which newsgroup to followup in.

And I'm not sure how many of today's newsreader programs (and browsers and e-mail clients playing at being newsreaders) would actually honor a "Followup-To: " header.

And I've had to special case this, because mostly in rec.crafts.metalworking, things crossposted to three or more newsgroups are trolls or spam, and I normally automatically killfile them. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols