What is it? Set 487

I need some help with the first and last items in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Rob

#2833 Guess: Part of a water valve/switch. The end with the round orb being the handle/controller. It's clear where the washers would go. Maybe it's to help switch the water between the bath and the shower? It seems sort of large for a faucet, but I can't rule that out either.
Bill

I'll pass along your theory, I don't know what it is but when the owner des cribed this device he said something like a wire could be placed into the h oles and then the other part could be forced past the holes to cut the wire with the teeth. Not that it's a wire cutter but just something that came t o mind when trying to figure it out.
On Thursday, April 4, 2013 2:58:10 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

part could be forced past the holes to cut the wire with the teeth. Not tha t it's a wire cutter but just something that came to mind when trying to fi gure it out.
Definitely not a wire cutter. Brass (too soft) wire cutter?
Sonny

Yes, this one is still unsolved for now, same with the last item, the rest of the answers can be seen here:
Rob
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Maybe #2838 used to be a brush? Hammer and brush tool might be handy in foundry work, but the handle seems awefully short (to me).
Bill

2834 Masons float tool 2836 Soldering iron holder Art

As I mentioned previously I think this is right.

This answer is definitely correct.
Btw, I've been having trouble posting to my news server so I've been postin g through Google, and they apparently don't allow cross posting so I've had to post to each group individually. Hopefully we will work out a way get t hings back to normal with all three groups posting to one thread.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Bill

I don't know if it's a mold or not but I don't have a better idea for those holes. Someone told the owner that it was for making sails, so I asked The Mariner Museum if they could identify this tool and they did not recognize it.