What is it? Set 462

Page 2 of 2

Wild Guess ...
2687 - Upholsterer's webbing stretcher

It's not for stretching upholstery but is used in a similar fashion.
"Rob H." wrote in message
I need some help on the last one in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
The car>>>My uncle had one similar. Rumble seat and that small side door. In 1932 he would take me and his son rabbit hunting in Colorado. Could slide the rifles in that small door between looking for fields to hunt on. The son left a round in the chamber and when we hit a deep dip in the road the gun fired and put a hole in the little door. Lesson learned>. never leave a round ready to fire in the chamber. WW
On 10/11/2012 4:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

I'm going to guess 2687 is for stretching leather or fabric for upholstery work?

Your first guess is correct, it's for particular form of leather work.
On 10/11/12 4:02 AM, Rob H. wrote:

of feed. If you leave the sack on the floor, rodents can get it, the limp sack will probably spill feed, and you have to bend over to scoop feed. If you dump it in a can, you may spill feed and you may breathe a lot of dust.
You'd clamp one of these to each side of a burlap sack near the top. Then you'd hang them with the ears on horizontal bars about 12" apart. The bottom of the sack should be at least 12" off the floor. Then open the sack. If the handles are 12" apart along the bars, the opening will be 8 x 12".

Sounds like that would work but according to the patent it's not for holding burlap sacks.

I should have mentioned that this item is part of a countertop machine.
On 10/12/12 4:03 AM, Rob H. wrote:

kitchen or a plant?
Perhaps produce arrives in mesh bags, or perhaps it's put in bags for washing. Then, I imagine each piece should be inspected before being fed to a processing machine such as a potato peeler.
The assistant clamps a mesh bag of produce with this handle and hangs it from the counter. The bag is at a convenient height and hangs with its mouth open so it's quick and easy for the machine operator to grab pieces one by one and feed them to the machine.

It's not for mesh bags but you are correct about it being for food processing. Thanks to everyone who identified the drill bit holder, the answers for this set have been posted here:
Rob
2683, on a car this age, the door is for selling moonshine. 2684 Elks club ashtray. 2685, totally no clue 2686, just guessing. This is for displaying quilts, the pointy things grab the fabric, and the handle allows hanging it up. 2687, a carpet stretcher 2688, someone else wrote it was a drill bit sharpener holder. I think this correct. Not the fireworks launcher, that I was going to write.
I need some help on the last one in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

    I see that you got that one answered -- before I could get my newsreader to work. I couldn't access the newsgroup yesterday or for quite a while today. Something wrong with the killfile/scorefile.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail