What is it? Set 425

Page 1 of 2
This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2463. An X10 remotely swtched or dimmed socket?
Good Morning all,
#2462 looks like a nutcracker to me #2463 a fuse for a bulb or a tool to screw into a bulb outlet, incl. a switch or fuse resetter. #2465 Ships exhaust outlet system, possibly from the Costa Cordalis? #2466 to measure shoe size?
regards Walter
Am 26.01.2012 10:16, schrieb Rob H.:

Correct

Yes, but it's the Costa Concordia

Good Morning all,
#2462 looks like a nutcracker to me #2463 a fuse for a bulb or a tool to screw into a bulb outlet, incl. a switch or fuse resetter. #2465 Ships exhaust outlet system, possibly from the Costa Concordia ? #2466 to measure shoe size?
regards Walter
Am 26.01.2012 10:16, schrieb Rob H.:

Alexander Thesoso wrote:

6 big pipes: one for each pair of cylinders.
The smaller pipes: exhausts for auxiliary engines. For power and whatnot while not underway.

    The angle of view pretty much defines that. :-)

    AT a guess, one large exhaust for each pair of cylinders, and the fours somewhat smaller ones are for intake air, to keep passengers from falling in or blocking the intakes.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
2462 nutcracker?
Rob H. wrote the following on 1/26/2012 4:16 AM (ET):

2463 Looks like an old smoke detector that screws in between a bulb socket and the bulb. No extra wiring needed.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
2463 Looks like an old smoke detector that screws in between a bulb socket and the bulb. No extra wiring needed.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Smoke detector is correct
On 1/26/2012 4:16 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2461. I would guess some type of split ring pliers.
2462. Nut cracker
2463. For shorter people, gets the bulb a bit closer to the ground.
2464. this is what the leatherman looked like previous to the current design.
2465. Smoke stack for a ship.
2466. I'm going to guess some type of rule gauge to check pitch
Tom
2461, some kind of mechanical separator. But what? 2462, probably a nut cracker for walnuts. 2463, I looked at this and said "wow, that's familiar". someone else recognized it as a smoke detector. 2464, Seems to be a "do all" kitchen gadget. I recognize can opener, and bottle opener, with that metal piece that goes on the end of the meat cleaver. 2465, looks like a tube type radio. The mesh dome looks a little like the top of an AC outdoor unit. 2466, never seen one of these.
This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

2462 Medieval bra. The matching chastity belt is not shown.
--
Gerald Ross

I don't make jokes. I just watch the
2461: tool for stretching some kind of o ring or belt, perhaps for installation. 2464. Multipurpose cleaver -- recognize bottle cap lifter, can opener, possibly tenderizer (s)?, mincer?.
Northe
On 1/26/2012 4:16 AM, Rob H. wrote:

2464: Multipurpose butcher's tool. Note the rotatable head.

2461)    Designed to force two objects apart and hold them separated.          Since the cradles are not pivoted, it suggests that the two     objects are round rods. Otherwise, two square objects, such as     2x2" wood or steel bars.
2462)    Looks like something designed to break small objects (glass rods,     pills, etc) and capture the parts or debris.
2463)    Likely to automatically turn on the installed light when the     daylight fades below a level preset by the red knob.
2464)    Well ... the major part is a cleaver.
    At least one part (that labeled '5' in the second photo) is     designed as a can opener.
    '6' will turn a round object in a single direction, and slip in     the other.
    '4' is likely a bottle opener for soda and beer bottles.
    '3' and '2' look like meat tenderizers.
    I would like to see the end view of the part labeled '1'.     Without that I can't guess that part.
2465)    This is the top view of one of the funnels of the cruise ship     which recently took over the news reports by running into a rock     and killing several passengers.
2466)    Given the sliding piece, and the hinge, it could be used to set     angles (similar to a sine bar, but less accurate) if the height     of the vertical part is right.
    Do any of the scales match inch or metric lengths?
    Now to post (rather late, thanks to a visitor), and then see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

I forgot to mention it but just added to my site that it has 14 inch increments on the outside and 14 cm on the inside.
Still not sure about the rule but the rest of them have been correctly identified this week, the answers can be seen here:
-----
Someone just sent me the photo below, the item was found in a bag of spinach that was purchased from a large well known grocery store, maybe someone here can tell us what it is:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album%2014/1aadsc0088.jpg

It's part of the nylon strapping used to tie down stuff to pallets.
Rob H. wrote:

It looks like a clip or buckle for banding strap.