What is it? Set 411

Page 2 of 2

maybe a white cloth goes over it to provide soft-field/omnidirectional lighting...
Dave

A cloth does go over it but it's not for lighting.

Is it an mask for ether?
Paul K. Dickman

Nailed it!
Rob H. wrote:

2377 - ANM Spadegrip backplate off a Browning M2 set up for aircraft use.
2378 - Drip torch. Used to light controlled burns.
2379 - Looks like an early version of a combination tool. One piece serves to draw circles and arcs while the other allow you to cut mortice's.
2380 - Some form of strap wrench. Looks to be a special purpose one for gas company use?
2381 - Ye Olde lunch pail
2382 - Well there's a microscope but the other item ????
--
Steve W.

2379: router plane, broken and missing handles
2380: wrench
--
Woodworking and more at <http://www.woodenwabbits.com

#2379 Router Plane (broken).

2377)    Aiming grips and trigger (the knurled surface between     the two handles is pressed by either or both thumbs) for     a machine gun -- M2, I think.
    And I think that this is the remote one which can be used while     the weapon is on a low tripod and the operator is standing.
    I recently stumbled across this information when looking for an     example of the "Manual of Arms" from the period of WW-I. About     four days ago, I would not have known this at all.
2378)    Perhaps an agricultural sprayer for insecticides?
2379)    Looks as though it might be one of the tripod feet from 2377     above.
2380)    One of the nicest looking and best made strap wrenches that I     have ever seen.
    For turning a smooth cylinder without marring it.
2381)    A bit small for the first thought of being for boiling corn     on the cob.
    Perhaps for sterilizing medical instruments by boiling them?
2382)    Given its location, I would think that it might be to use     water to form a lens to focus illumination (perhaps from a lamp     wick or a candle) onto the mirror below the stage of the     microscope shown.
    O.K. That's all the questions, and all my suggestions.
    Now to spell-check this and then post it and go check what     others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
if 2380 is really a tool for removing oil filters, then there must be some elongation missing. The cord is much too small to surround an oil filter.