What is it? Set 392

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with the second last one this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob

2265: Ahhhh I know one, and for the first time ever think I'm first!
It a worm gear out out or a recalculating ball automotive steering box!
Erik

Or make that 'recirculating ball' type steering box. Damn spell check...
Erik

Correct, though I was going to call it a steering wheel column, the person who took the photo said he was going to dig it up but I don't know if he's done it yet.

Haven't you just substituted Democratic where Republican should be? - it was the welfare one that gave it away.
Not sure how this relates to the puzzle, though - or is it an alternative puzzle?
--
"Nuns! NUNS! Reverse! Reverse!"

It's part of Gunner's sig. He's been told repeatedly that the sig is malformed (that's why your newsreader quoted it), and how to fix it -- but he refuses to do so.
Doug Miller wrote:

And, apparently, you've never been told about the "delete" key.
Hope This Helps! Rich

    [ ... ]

    [ ... ]

    Actually -- he did fix it for a while. Not sure why he un-fixed it later.
    I've set the "Followup-To: " to rec.crafts.metalworking only, as that is where he hangs out of the list of cross-posted newsgroups in this posting.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Clearly, neither do you.
(Doug

"Denial Dough" ??
Is that some new kind of bread ?
/chipped

.. assuming you are reading<r.w> which your history shows you are about as likely to be doing (so) as being a bidder for Marilyn's "last worn" girdle, might I say I applaud your reason. And champion your cause. george
--
wood-whackers?
Deny any crossposts from the metal manglers
Esra Sdrawkcab wrote:

Well, both wings of the Statist party are equally culpable for the ills of America, and each and every one of these comments is applicable to either wing, but I'm a card-carrying Libertarian, so I'm insane or stupid practically by definition. So please help me out here - which one of the above comments is "the welfare one?"
Thanks, Rich
On 6/9/2011 5:38 PM, Rob H. wrote:

3363 is some sort of steamer ,the drawing appears to show a section at the top with water in it ,and a door on the opposite side from the burner . Could be a smoker.
2264 farriers tools maybe , not sure on this one.
2265 worm shaft from a machine , not sure why its been driven into the soil.
--
Kevin (Bluey)

to a stump for the hook end to get leverage but I don't remember what it's called. 2268. Mechanical Ships's Log. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_log Scroll down one page on the right. Karl
On 6/9/2011 5:38 PM, Rob H. wrote:

3363 is some sort of steamer ,the drawing appears to show a section at the top with water in it ,and a door on the opposite side from the burner . Could be a smoker.
2264 farriers tools maybe , not sure on this one.
2265 worm shaft from a machine , not sure why its been driven into the soil.
--
Kevin (Bluey)
Kevin(Bluey) wrote:

2267 Guess: looks like an "adjustable caliper"--place a particular dowel in the handle and it will close to a particular width.
Bill
Bill wrote:

Scratch that. After more carefully staring at the picture, I believe it is used to compress something (by employing its 2 strong handles). The tongs appear to not meet, as I first thought, but to pass each other (which helps explain why they are tapered). I would suspect agricultural use. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with geldings.
Bill
Bill wrote the following:

The tool appears to be closed, or almost closed, so those tongs cannot close any further, but only open widen.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Point well-taken. Thanks. If the tool was for picking up something hot, I think the handles wouldn't be made of metal, or the handles would be longer. I can't think of a good explanation for the notches in the handle...
Bill
Bill wrote:

(Shudder!) Rich