What is it? Set 387

This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/2011/05/set-387.html
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

2234: Crossbow bolt
2237: I can't even think of those two things being in the same category!
Thanks, Rich

Correct
I was doing some searching on the modern tool and found the primitive one with same name (that describes its function). At that time I wasn't sure how the primitive tool was used, then just a few minutes ago I think I discovered the answer. The bottom line here is that the two tools are not used in the same manner, but the desired end result when using both tools is the same.
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! I _finally_ got one! :-) :-) :-)
Thanks! Rich

2237 are arrow straighteners.
Paul K. Dickman

That's it!

Bingo!! I *knew* I'd seen one of those (the modern version) before somewhere, years ago, but I couldn't recall what it was. I'm sure that's it.
2237 Spring Clamp Pliers
"Rob H." wrote in message
This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/2011/05/set-387.html
Rob

2233)    Interesting, and I'm not sure where the 24" dimensions     are taken from. If they are the diagonal from the front to the     top it might be small enough.
    It looks like a fold-down seat normally affixed to a wall, and     intended to hold a baby or a small child, with the legs going o     either side of the round center rod. Perhaps for use in some     kind of vehicle -- a stagecoach, or a ferry boat or the like.
2234)    This looks like a lightweight quarrel for a crossbow.     Lightweight, because serious ones would be solid steel or iron     for the maximum impact from the weight. This looks like a brass     or bronze tip on a wooden shaft.
2235)    A special from of a battery powered lantern? It looks like a     bulb sticking part way out the bottom within the frame. Given     the padded frame, it could be adjusted to a convenient angle,     though it seems to be missing a proper reflector to concentrate     the light.
2236)    Designed to cut or crush something -- which depends on how     sharp the blade on the upper moving arm is. Is it steel, iron,     or wood?
    Given the size, perhaps for cutting the end off a cigar, or for     cutting sugar cane to convenient lengths.
    Sort of looks as though it once had wooden handles held on by     the nuts visible at the ends of the handles.
2237)    I really have difficulty picturing the two to perform the same     task. The upper one looks as though it could be used to bend     some tubing, whle the upper looks like the head of a stone axe     or hammer -- grooved to hold the handle one (with tight     lashing.)
2238)    Aside from being a fairly light hammer, it looks to serve as     a square as well.
    Now to post this and then see what others have suggested.
    I'm a bit late in today's posting, FWIW.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

This one is almost impossible to guess, it's for holding something when working on a house.

Correct
Yes
It's probably made of iron, and never had wood handles. I usually don't give the answer early for the item in the Neatorama collaboration but quite a few got it correct already so I'll go ahead and say that it's a betel nut cutter.

Good guess, it's for tubing with a sharp point on one end. ;-)

Correct, it's for use by a carpenter.
Just the first one went unidentified this week, the answers for this set can be seen here:
Rob