What is it? Set 367

Page 3 of 3

Two thoughts.
One is that there is a similar type of tool use for acupuncture. You find the acupuncture point and press the plunger. It produces a little electricity which is supposed to stimulate the acupuncture point.
The other is the modification of a stun device to neutralize venom from a poisonous snakes. Apparently the electricity takes the toxicity out of the venom.
On 12/16/10 9:57 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

That was the rage about 1900. The media brought it back in 1986. _Outdoor_ _Life_ championed the cause.
The evidence was anecdotal. A woman bitten by a copperhead was shocked and back to work in an hour. Copperhead bites are often harmless. The magazine noted that lab tests hadn't found that shocks helped. The article speculated that the labs were using cheap stun guns from Japan or Korea. It recommended a brand.

2113: for adding oil to the lower unit of an outboard engine.
2115: A time fuse. See <http://www.thompsons-battery-c.org/EqipmentGunsAmmo2.htm
2116: A farrier's tool of some sort?
That's I've got...

2118 used to turn base ball bat's?
Robert

None of the guesses for this one so far are correct, I'll give a hint, it's health related.
Rob
On 12/16/10 7:51 PM, Rob H. wrote:

Physical therapy for wrists?

Correct, it's a wrist exerciser.
Rob H. wrote:

The item on the end is a 'clutch clutch', then?
--Winston
Rob H. wrote:

trsting it out of the water. You put a cold water hose on the side and turn on a tap. it themn fills the water cooling chambers like when it in the waster.

You are of course correct ( I have on at home), but I think the answer was posted some time back.

    Posting from Rec.crafts.metalworking as always:
2113)    Hmm ... it goes in between two sections of garden hose,     and may serve as a pressure relief valve. If the pressure in     the hose is too high (e.g. a kink after this device), the water     sprays out between the two suction cup shaped objects. The     pressure required to do this is set mostly by the spring tension     of the loop.
2114)    Looks like some kind of game piece -- rolled like a die     perhaps, or rotated to keep count of moves. Since the numbers     are not consecutive on adjacent faces, I think that it serves     the function of a die -- even with the six side -- though I     don't know what the significance of standing on end would be in     whatever game it would be used for.
2115)    "5 Seconds to the inch" ... hmmm time seconds, or seconds     of angle? If the 1862 is a date, I think that the time meaning     is more likely.
    In that case -- it could be a rate of sinking in a liquid. (And     presumably a liquid which would not dissolve the glue fro the     label.)
2116)    I presume that the rule is there for scale, and it not one of the     things to be identified.
    The bottom object, at least, looks like a screwdriver intended     to be operated from awkward angles -- to access heads of screws     which are under overhangs of some sort.
2117)    Perhaps a probe for measuring resistance of a substance     (between the two terminals). Or perhaps a pushbutton, with the     two holes on the bottom serving for connection of the wire.     Perhaps intended to serve as a detonator for dynamite or similar     explosives? (Press the black button with your thumb or pull it     as a trigger with the index finger).
2118)    Intended for spooling off something like brown butcher's paper     or some form of wrapping paper.
    The adjustment knob on the clamping collar is perhaps to set a     certain amount of drag to prevent it from spooling off too     freely.
    Now to see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Rob H. wrote:

2114: Seems to me it might be a mold (for casting "digits").
Bill