What is it? Set 314

I need some help on the second item this week, I've shown it to a lot of tool collectors but no one has recognized it:
http://55tools.blogspot.com /
Rob
Am 10.12.2009 10:33, schrieb Rob H.:

Number 1795 looks like a device for filling powder in cardrigecases for reloading. You set te volume of powder (or maybe shot) by adjusting the zylinder at the bottom of the top half to the needed amount of powder and with every push you get exact the same volume through the hollow nozzle at the bottom .
greetings from .de Walter

Yes, it's a cartridge loading tool.
Rob

Closed face spinning reel with built in fly tying vise.

A couple of wild guesses:
1798 - Counter top cigar tip cutter
1799 - Table tongs for some sort of food item

1799: sugar cube tongs
--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

I thought that I might stand a better chance on that item, seeing as I'm not a tool collector (at least not in the sense of making it a study or avocation), but alas, that didn't help me any.
1795 -- Made by the "Ideal Manufacturing Company," I see...not that it's a real help knowing that. This would appear to clamp onto a table or similar, and seems to be set up for rather precise adjustable rotation of the handle mechanism. Somehow, it looks rather optically related to me; perhaps it's an adjuster for a reflector for a camera or microscope? Perhaps a part of a telescope mount?
1796 -- Ummm...no idea. So maybe therefore a wire fence tightener?
1797 -- Applicator for graphite lubricant or other powered compound (chalk dust as a casting mold release agent?)
1798 -- Can opener?
1799 -- Tongs for holding something hot--maybe laboratory glassware?
1800 -- Roofers tool, maybe for working with metal roofing (forming various crimps, cuts, etc.)?
Now to see other people's guesses...
--
Andrew Erickson

1795 Perhaps it's a control/shut-off valve (for fuel)? The rear adjustment being a flow/throttle adjustment.
1796 Perhaps a kitchen implement for breaking ice?
1799 Tuning fork? Although someones previous guess pertaining to sugar cubes is convincing too.
1800 Hand plane from Harbor Freight? : )
Bill

Sounds logical to me. ;-) Either that or a leather worker's tool.

Correct, for taller cans in the front, short ones in the back.
Rob
1798: milk can opener? Pierces the top of a can for pouring out liquid.

How do you find out the correct answers after Friday?
--
Nonny

Below the last photo in the current set there will be a link to the answer page, just click on the word "Answers".
Rob

1795)    A powder measure for reloading cartridge cases.
    The flattened knob on the bottom clamps it to the edge of the     workbench.
    The Round knob on the left in the first photo (the right as it     is mounted for use) adjusts the amount of powder dispensed at     a "throw" ( a cycle of the lever on the other side shown in     the second photo).
    This one seems to have the coarse and fine slides that my much     newer one does, but not the screws to adjust them. You just     loosen the clamp screws and slide them by hand, I guess. I     would feel more comfortable using this one for black powder     instead of smokeless
    Also, this one appears to have a tin-plate steel hopper on the     top, instead of the transparent plastic one which mine has to     let you judge more easily how close to empty it is. (The closer     to empty, the more variable the amount dispensed.)
    Hmm ... the patent date seems to be about the same period that     smokeless powder started being used, which suggests that it may     have been one of the first for home reloading of smokeless     powders.
    The newer ones also have a small weight free-hanging from the     front, which is raised and released to knock free grains     clinging by static electricity.
    Mine from the 1960s is a brown wrinkle finish (Made by Redding,     IIRC) instead of the black enamel shown here.
1796)    Hmm ... another angle of view would be helpful. It would     appear to have a hole on the end opposite the handle, but I     wonder whether that hole is threaded or smooth? If threaded,     which I might consider it to be is a tool for securing the wire     frame for a lamp shade to a threaded stud to hold it while the     covering is installed to the frame.
1797)    Aside from being carved to look a little like a fountain pen,     I find myself wondering whether the smaller diameter part slides     into the larger diameter "cap". If so, I would think that it     should have a leather flap at the large open end, and it could     be used in place of a bellows for getting a fire started.
    It looks to have a soft putty around that end, so perhaps it     fits against the user's mouth to direct airflow from the lungs     for a similar purpose.
1798)    Another tool for cutting the tips off of cigars?
1799)    Sugar tongs?
    Something for picking up lobsters?
1800)    Can/bottle opener, Pie edge crimper, meat cleaver,     meat tenderizer.
    (I was wondering whether you would get to 1800 this time or hold     it for later.
    Now to see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.