What is it? Set 273

If you look on eBay for a Futaba FP-T there's a couple of them for sale that look almost identical except for the FUTABA label.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

You're 100% correct. But I remember the beige box and a red/green battery meter on a MRC (or memory is fading... International Rectifier?) unit from when I was a kid too. Would've been early Lasnerian 70's.

Did International Rectifier sell remote control systems, or was it always model rectifier?

And I may have been exaggerating about "early", the real early pioneers did it using vacuum tubes as I recall!

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

I used to have a MRC transmitter but it was a 4 channel, 2 stick open gimbal unit. My first used R/C helicopter came with a Citizenship radio, looked a lot like Kraft parts. I had a LaTrax Corvette that had a transmitter like the one in the picture except it was silver/gray color. I guess many of the old wheel transmitters had pretty much the same box & layout.

Reply to
RogerN
1553:

Are you sure that transmitter is a two-channel? Several manufacturers of radio control equipment used to make transmitters with three-axis sticks (up-down, left-right, and rotation), and they always had oversized knobs. The slider on the left may be the fourth channel, for throttle. Ace R/C made the best of these, and they actually work pretty well for flying. With rudder on the rotation and aileron R-L, they were much more intuitive for cross-controlling aileron and rudder than two-stick controllers are. It's a mystery to me why they are off the market. Maybe they were too expensive to manufacture.

David

Rob H. wrote:

Reply to
David Kazdan

David, Two channels, for sure. The knob is just a steering wheel. This particular transmitter was very popular with R/C car racers back in the day - only need steering and throttle. The throttle is a small lever on the right hand side, can't see it in Rob's photo. This eBay item shows a little bit of the throttle control:

slider on the left is the on/off switch. I have a couple of these in my attic - after seeing the eBay prices I may have to try to market 'em! Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

Right. Here's the sort I was thinking of:

|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Reply to
David Kazdan