What is it? Set 273

Page 2 of 2

This is why we're not allowed around polite company. Karl

1553 is a radio control transmitter, for model cars, and perhaps boats. Depends upon the frequency of the quartz crystals in it.
Steve R.

    O.K. Posting from Rec.crafts.metalworking as always.
1549)    Hmm ... wrong materials for marine use.
    Too short to be a flat belt changing tool -- at least for     the overhead belts.
    Really no idea.
1550)    Looks like a tool for screwing a bolted coupling flange onto     a threaded pipe. I've seen such flanges used for high vacuum     work, but they were usually welded in place.
1551)    For filtering out fine powders from solutions -- perhaps for     medicinal use?
1552)    For extracting sugar from sugar cane?
    For stripping corn from ears still mounted on the stalks?
1553)    Well ... it uses RF for either input or output.
    Perhaps a baby minder to be used with a broadcast radio?
    Perhaps an alarm triggered by emergency broadcasts? (CD)
1554)    A pedometer -- for recording how far a person walks or jogs.
    It is activated by the bouncing of the walking or jogging gait,     and presumably has somewhere to set how long a stride the user     has -- or the user has to calculate the actual distance from the     ratio of his/her known stride length and the stride length for     which the pedometer is calibrated.
    Now to see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
1553:
Are you sure that transmitter is a two-channel? Several manufacturers of radio control equipment used to make transmitters with three-axis sticks (up-down, left-right, and rotation), and they always had oversized knobs. The slider on the left may be the fourth channel, for throttle. Ace R/C made the best of these, and they actually work pretty well for flying. With rudder on the rotation and aileron R-L, they were much more intuitive for cross-controlling aileron and rudder than two-stick controllers are. It's a mystery to me why they are off the market. Maybe they were too expensive to manufacture.
    David
Rob H. wrote:

David, Two channels, for sure. The knob is just a steering wheel. This particular transmitter was very popular with R/C car racers back in the day - only need steering and throttle. The throttle is a small lever on the right hand side, can't see it in Rob's photo. This eBay item shows a little bit of the throttle control: http://tinyurl.com/afkmn8 The slider on the left is the on/off switch. I have a couple of these in my attic - after seeing the eBay prices I may have to try to market 'em! Kerry
Kerry Montgomery wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Kraft-7CS-Single-Stick-Transmitter_W0QQitemZ260366689411QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item260366689411&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparmsr%3A570 |66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50