What is it? CCI

Page 1 of 2
This set should be a little easier than the last one, only two of them are unidentified:
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com /
Rob
1114: Wheatstone bridge: an arrangement of four resistors, a source of emf, and a galvanometer for DC measurements or something like an earphone or other audio transducer for AC measurements. In use, three of the resistances are known/calibrated, and the fourth is unknown. When the bridge is balanced, the galvanometer reads zero or there is no sound through the earphone, and the unknown resistance can be determined by the ratios of the other three resistances.
Northe

Darn, you beat me to it! It's a slide-wire Wheatstone, looks like a nice long scale and should be pretty accurate.
--
Dennis

And here I was going to say it was a Roller-Smith Type B ohmmeter, and you go and provide USEFUL answers.... dang it. :-)
result in a fully-depreciated one.
1111 - Coat hook - You can clearly see the letters "CK" for Calvin Klein. I'm so glad these were easy, although I HAVE heard of a Wheatstone Bridge.
--
Peter DiVergilio
Most of the money I've wasted was mostly spent trying to impress people who

I live not too far from the Whitestone Bridge and it looks _nothing_ like that.
"RicodJour" wrote: I live not too far from the Whitestone Bridge and it looks _nothing_ like that. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Wheatstone bridge--Whitestone Bridge. Like the difference between "Fire" and "fireflies."
Leo Lichtman wrote:

Anyone who can't see the difference between a Wheatstone Bridge and the Whetstone Bridge should hone up his reading skills.

Weststone Bridge? Is that the one Fred Flinstone crossed on the way to the quarry?
Weed stoned bridge
far out!

According to Sam Soltan <samsoltan_48323atyahoodotcom>:

    Like the road signs in Maryland (I haven't seen these in Virginia or DC so far) which show a picture of a motorcycle with rider, and the text "Open Joints on Bridge". :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.

How about:
The difference between "Ohms in the box" and "homes in the Bronx" The difference between "electric resistances" and "erected instances" The difference between "electric bridges" and "eclectic bridges" The difference between "potential drops" and "precipitous drops" The difference between "charge carriers" and "Charger carriers" The difference between "Volts and Amps" and "bolts and ramps" The difference between "commutator's resistance gauges" and "commuter's persistent rages"
Carl G.

Fireflies like a hot banana.
George
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:37:25 GMT, George Weinberg

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
--<< Bruce >>--

Thanks! I'm not sure if the owner of it reads the newsgroups so I'll pass this info on to him.
Rob
1111 is a Sykes Pickavant automotive tool for removing tappet shims on an OHC engine. You can probably find the exact match and which engine in the online catalogue.
--
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

1112 I don't know the exact machinery involved but it's very similar to several tools we used in mechanical typewriter/copier/adding machine/ timeclock repair. Every dimension including thickness and width was a go/no go measurement so you could quickly check distances and see what's bent or out of alignment. I can't tell how flexible the metal is so I'm not sure whether that long arm sticking out would bend easily, otherwise I'd say it would slide under or around something to check a dimension.
If there's no name stamped on it, finding out what it's supposed to be used on is lost unless you find somebody who actually used it. And when I cleaned out my old tool kit last month I found a few that I don't remember exactly what I did with 'em. Every manufacturer had its own set of gauges and benders.

It might look like one of the go/no go gauges, but I bought this tool at a local big box hardware store where it was sold for a different purpose.
Rob

Is this a cheap mortar joint raking tool?
--
Dennis

Yes! It's a joint raker.
Rob