What is he talking about - "Blend Al Powders"???

I'm investigating "make your own stain" using aniline powders. While Googling around, I stumbled across a posting in a private forum (more than a year old) which you may read here:

particular interest was the statement:

> Sounds like what you were using was an Aniline Powder >> Stain (Dye). These have been around forever and generally >> used by professionals. Today, there are Blend Al powders >> which are more versatile and can be mixed with most >> finishing chemicals to tint or even make stains.

What is a "Blend Al powder?" (That's A-el, not A-one). I assumed that "Al" means aluminum, but I am unable to find a source for an "aluminum powder" which would serve the same type of general purpose as aniline powders.

The guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about... but I don't. Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

Reply to
usenet

That is a typo. It should read , there are "Blend All" powders which are more versatile and can be mixed with most finishing chemicals...

Reply to
Leon

It's a stain powder made by Mohawk finishing products. Here's the link:

's primarily meant for touchup work.

Homestead Finishing also supplies dry powder stains.

Reply to
Max Mahanke

"Blendal" brand from Mohawk.

Reply to