Well, the new season for TOH is underway and judging
from the webcam pictures the project will be interesting.
The most intriguing piece of triva is that this is
the first house for the new host - Kevin and the
house is barn conversion in Concord, Mass. Hmm, wasn't
there a barn conversion project in Concord introducing
a new host (guy by the name of Steve) about 12 years ago?
Full circle I guess.
Anyways, here's what I learned watching the webcam pics:
1. Tommy doesn't appear on site all that much these days. Nor
can I find Dick Silva either. The Silva Brothers are
doing the building as many of the crew wear the familiar
yellow shirt, but a few are not, given belief to me that
perhaps they are from another company.
2. The TOH crew is ONLY on site about once every third day or
so. Certainly, I don't see where they are there every day
which means, Kevin ain't swinging the hammer all that much. Norm
showed up in today's pics (Aug 4). First time I saw him.
3. They begin work at 8:00 and finish at 4:00.
4. Almost no, or little work is happening on the weekends.
5. It must be very hot back East. A number of guys are shirtless and
to be honest, should be wearing shirts!
6. A fairly large crew, I think about 5/6 people are there when
they film a segment for the show.
7. Boy are they able to command any truck, excavator,etc. when
needed. They seem to always have a fair amount of equipment
about. And there is always a full crew of workers about.
8. Norm looks like he is doing some work. Today it appears that
he is doing some foundation work - I think a sill plate for
the back extension. Means that on occasion he will do something
when they build.
So, to sum it all up. It appears that TOH crew doesn't do a lot
of work, at least these days. When they are there, they might
do something, but I don't see it happening every day. Norm is
only on site occasionally. And God only knows where Richard is -
I haven't spotted him yet.
is the site URL.