What ever happened to Inca tools?

What ever happened to Inca tools? n.
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 18:02:49 -0400, Nigel Burnett

That's an excellent question. Garrett Wade used to carry them, but now I don't see them on their website.
Nigel Burnett wrote:

Do you mean "Incra"?
http://www.incra.biz/index.html
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Probably Inca, the European imported stationary power tools. IIRC not being imported here anymore.
On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 15:10:21 GMT, "Leon"

If they are no longer being imported to the US any longer, what happens if a US resident owning one of their tools needs part(s) for it?

Garrett Wade <http://www.garrettwade.com/index.jsp was handling parts a while back, but don't show anything on their web site. You might give them a call, maybe they can point you in the right direction.
Also Eagle Tools in LA, if they're still there. Bought an Inca band saw from them and was happy with the service and the product.
Eagle Tools Injecta Machinery: 2217 El Sol Avenue, Altadena, CA 91001 Tel: (626)797-8262 FAX:(626) 797-8271
They don't seem to have a web site.
Good luck, and follow up please if you find a current supplier.
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 02:49:37 GMT, Lobby Dosser

I don't mean to be confusing, but I'm not the OP and I don't own any INCA tools. I'm just curious what happens when one may need somthing and there's no more importer. I seem to recall that those were fair expensive machines.

Yeah, they were fairly expensive. My 9" bandsaw set me back about $700, but I can just about resaw shavings with it.
I'm also curious what happens when one needs some part or other. I figure I'll have to find a supplier in Europe.

Inca Machines is still out there. Their web site is:
http://www.incamachines.com
I'm not sure who, if anyone, is their importer these days.
Len

Now THERE's a website that instills confidence. :0[
Robatoy wrote:

A flashback to the '70's.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nigel Burnett wrote:

I have dealt w/ Jesse on ordering Inca parts. He has been EXTREMELY helpful and VERY patient. He is also INCREDIBLY busy, so some patience is required on the part of the person needing parts. A little persistence doesn't hurt, either.
It is clear from dealing w/ him a little that he is a bit of a celebrity in this industry. Anyone that knows high-end tools knows Jesse. He (Jesse) treats them well, gives them good advice and deals, and obviously great after-sale support.
I have also working w/ www.incamachines.com and found them to be very responsive and accomodating. Inca was purchased by Multico (France). Multico is a commercial took maker and they still make some of the Inca machines.
Probably only a matter of time before someone recognizes Inca could sell here again and starts importing them. Could probably get started for 100k.
Let me know if someone else wants to go in on this. :-)
snipped-for-privacy@ts-aligner.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

About ten years ago you could find a fair number of used machines and I've been kicking myself for not buying a used table saw when they were available and I had the money. I haven't seen a used machine locally for years.

fyi, I'm the OP. I bought a used 26 cm (10") Inca planer/jointer about 25 years ago. The local dealer in Milliken (Humphrey's?), offered to buy it sigh unseen for more than I paid (can't remember how much - maybe Cdn$600?). I replaced the HSS blades for carbide ones (Lee Valley $$$) and well worth it. The only part that has needed replacing was the drive belt a few years ago. I took the old one to a place in Mississauga and they cloned it for about $10.
The quality is superb. Time for Atlas or someone to pick up the line again.