What a stoopid I am!

Page 2 of 2

I've always made do with one wrench. I thought the other was a spare in case you lost one. Now I can get rid of that bloodstained dish towel I've been using to grip the bits to keep them from turning.
-j

LOL... Kinda simple aint it. I guess those people that swear by holding on to the router some where with one hand and tugging on the 1 wrench with the other hand may not understand how loosing and tightening with 2 wrenches and 1 hand can be so much easier.
I have a 2 wrench Bosch for about 12 years now.
I set the router on its side, engage the small inner wrench and rest it against the workbench top, then engage the outer nut and turn in the direction of the inner wrench - the bench acts like a stop.
Easier than any other method I could figure. I must be real smart since it "only" took me a year or so to figure this out (after a few bruised knuckles).
Lou

I have this same problem. Whenever I finally figure out something like that, I always wonder what else there is in my life that I am senselessly wasting countless hours and energy on. Then I get mad.

I found that one fairly quickly with my PC 690. I am usually good at figuring out things like that fairly quickly. But once in a while I will be struggling with something and my wife will come walking by. "Why don't you just do it this way?", she says. "Shit!", I says.
Wayne

I also saw the 1 1/8" ?Husky? wrenches on clearance at Home Depot for under $10. I like them better than the pressed steel ones. Also, an 8" Crescent (TM) just barely opens to 1 1/8" too.