Well that was dumb !

I made a bunch of hot plate trivets for gifts. I put a coat of Danish oil on them and hung them on a "tree" to dry. The tree was a tubafur with a 5/16" dowel through it. Problem was, the dowel sagged and I could not get them all on. What to do for the second coat?
Solution: Larger dowel.
Drilled a hole in the tubafur and inserted a 5/8" dowel. While pushing it into the newly drilled hole, I realized the holes in the trivets were about 3/8".
Maybe I should buy a lathe to turn down the dowel.
Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
I just use those plastic coated coat hangers and hang stuff around on handy nails.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

--

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA