Web site and affiliate marketing

Hi,
Does aneone here have a woodworking web site and use affiliate marketing on there site? I have a web and have ads placed on my web site but get very few hits on these ads. Can anyone give me tips on how to improve this?
Randy http://nokeswoodworks.com
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 04:35:44 -0800, randyswoodshoop wrote:

So many people now use browser add-on applications that totally block third party advertisements. Several add-on applications to choose from, but Addblock Plus is my favorite.
The object here is to block and ignore those third party ads you placed on your web site, or any web site, visited. Also blocking all third party cookies is mandatory in today's environment, blocking all web site cookies with out express permission is only smart.
In short, forget about earning money from selling web advertisements; Sucker's game.

Thanks for your help

Now that I know you have ads, I won't even visit your site. IMO, a private web page to show of what you do is great and I've learned a lot from some, enjoyed seeing what others do. Once they become commercialized, they lose their appeal to me. I never click on an ad on a web page.
--

What happened to the internet for the FREE exchange of ideas?
Ed

It's all about click through rates. I have a couple of sites in which I put google ads on. They unobtrusive, and I don't try to hide the fact that they're ads. They also don't block the flow of the site.
I don't know who you're using for affiliate marketing, but it could be that the ads generated are not targeted enough.