Way OT--is there an NG for lawncare?

Hey all:
I know this is so not connected to woodworking (other than the fact that lawns sometimes have trees...), but I figured I'd give it a shot.
I DAGS for groups related to lawn care, but I can't seem to find anything relevant. Does anyone know if there is such a group out there, and I maybe just missed it? Specifically, I've got some problems with grass that won't grow, and a lot of weed issues--looking to bounce some questions off experts.
Thanks for any help you can give me...
Jim
I find it's easier to search the groups using OE's tools, rather than DAGS.
You might try alt.home.lawn.garden, assuming your news server has it.
Cheers
Frank

see alt.home.repair
DAGS for many old threads.

Jim,
You might want to try:
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/lawns /
I have many a good experience with many of the gardenweb forums.
Andy

PC Gameplayer wrote:

There are discussion forums on both the Scotts' and Ortho web sites: http://www.scotts.com / http://www.ortho.com
http://www.gardenweb.com /

alt.landscape

On 14 May 2004 07:26:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (PC Gameplayer) wrote:

Assuming you're in the USA, have you tried your local Cooperative Extension service office?
http://www.csrees.usda.gov /
Also, I've found that if you call a few local landscape experts, there's often someone that doesn't mind talking for a few minutes. I have a couple of local folks I use this way, and I try to steer business their way when I can.
HTH
Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
Lawn care depends on your location and type of grass. I've got the best lawn in the neighborhood and my neighbor started paying me $200 a month to "do whatever I do to my lawn to his lawn." After 5 months, his lawn looks much better, but not quite there yet. I fertilize, test pH, mow high and often, overseed, spot treat weeds, and use crab-grass prevention applications. You have to know what to do, how much and when.

based strictly on the newsgroup names -- i have never been in either group -- try:
alt.landscape alt.home.lawn.garden
alt.gardens
Grass that won't grow? How about the following:
1) not enough sun. 2) not enough fertilizer 3) not enough water 4) someone is mowing your lawn when you aren't looking
dave
PC Gameplayer wrote:

posted:

Four good tips :)
The first being the most likely. Maybe trying another variety of grass, but rec.gardens is the newsgroup of choice.