wax formula

Sorry if this is a repeat post, but it didnt seem to show up on my server.
I was wondering if anyone had some good formulas for making furniture wax. I know to use a mix of beeswax and carnuba, and turps/thinner anyone have any proportions for this?
Jeff

I'm not being critical, but would like to understand. What's the goal of blending your own? Are you looking for something different than is commercially available?
Patriarch
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 00:10:27 +0000, wrote:

In "The Agony and the Ecstasy," Michaelangelo mutters something about the artist making his own tools. The graduation test for Swiss watchmakers wasn't making a watch, but making the tools to do so.
Good notion to have.
--
"Keep your ass behind you"

12 days ago.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=u07kvvs3dlipncbfoj45ljuvpilab5kmai%404ax.com

From an Aussie book...
Hard Wax polish: Shred and melt 1 lb Carnauba wax + 1 lb Ceresine wax in a tin can placed in boiling water. Add 1 pint turpentine warmed in a hot water bath.
Soft Wax polish: Shred 1 lb beeswax into 1/2 pint turpentine and allow to stand overnight, or heat together in a hot water bath.
Application--first sand, stain, seal the job. [If stained work is given oil treatment to pop the grain, allow 24 hr to dry and seal with 2 coats thin shellac, sanding lightly each coat...] 1. Apply wax polish with a stiff brush (such as a shoe brush), cloth pad or fine steel wool. Rub in all directions to force wax into pores. 2. Allow 30min-1hr for turpentine to evaporate and wax to harden. 3. Polish by vigorously rubbing with a soft, lint-free cloth 4. Apply more thin coats with soft cloth and allow 10-15min to dry before rubbing vigorously. Repeat until desired gloss is obtained.
HTH