Wanted table leaf latch non-marring design to allow stacking of leaves

Does any one know where I can get a latch that will clamp the leave on my table together and still allow me stack the leaves when they are not in use without scratching them. (I have six leaves) There just has to be latches being made for the purpose.

I was thinking that there should be a latch mechanism similar to this

instead of screwing on to the bottom of the leaf the latches would be seperate pieces. I would saw a slanted grove in the bottom of each leaf for the latch to catch on.

somthing like this

_________ ____________ ________ | |___________ Top of side table leaf ____///___| |__\\\________ Bottom side of Table has a saw slot running parralell to joining edges. /__________\ Latch Mechanism

There would be a possibility of getting lost when not in use, but extra ones could be latched on the leaves or ends that are in use.

Reply to
ricklepickle

I remember reading about some company that was marketing hidden nuts/bolts that use a special tool that tightens them via a magnet. They were marketed for building trade show type portable displays and what not. The nut had a magnetic on it and both halves were completely hidden when the two pieces were secured together.

Just a thought.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Oughtsix

Sun, Nov 26, 2006, 9:18am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com doth sayeth: Does any one know where I can get a latch that will clamp the leave on my table together and still allow me stack the leaves when they are not in use without scratching them. (I have six leaves) There just has to be latches being made for the purpose.

Why? You trollilng, or just that insecure? All the tables I've seen with leaves, the leaves fit in place with dowels, no latches needed. The table isn't gonna shoot apart or anything, so the leaves stay in place, and the table stays together. So you're trying to solve a non-problem. As far as stacking, stack face to face, if you're really paranoid about scratches put a sheet, or paper, between them. But, if you're really insecure, I'd think window latches would do the job.

I'm always suspicious about any gmail e-mail address. It seems to be a favorite with trolls.

JOAT I am, therefore I think.

Reply to
J T