Want to make a hatchet for my son for Christmas

I have made several knives and would like to find a place,if it exists, to buy a blank for a hatchet and then make the scales for the handle. He is a big camper and would like this I'm sure.

Anybody refer me somewhere that might carry something like this?

-Jim

Reply to
jtpr

I'm sure your son will love a handmade gift, and I have no help to provide, but my immediate reaction to your thread title was that it sounds like the first line of a country song. :)

Reply to
Greg Guarino

You may be able to ask this fellow for suggestions, he does excellent metalwork.

Scott Lurndal