Want to make a hatchet for my son for Christmas

I have made several knives and would like to find a place,if it exists, to buy a blank for a hatchet and then make the scales for the handle. He is a big camper and would like this I'm sure.
Anybody refer me somewhere that might carry something like this?
-Jim
On 12/2/2014 1:49 PM, jtpr wrote:

I'm sure your son will love a handmade gift, and I have no help to provide, but my immediate reaction to your thread title was that it sounds like the first line of a country song. :)

You may be able to ask this fellow for suggestions, he does excellent metalwork.
http://acremetalworks.com/Swords.html