Video of My Table Saw Out-feed Table

Thanks, Steve. I thought about legs that angled to the saw base, but was concerned about the weight of a sheets of plywood possibly tipping the whole saw. This thing is very heavy, but not the behemoth that is the Unisaw. :-)

I may also redo the extension table with melamine to match. I wasn't expecting this thing to look as good as it does. I'm not one of those guys who's tools, benches and jigs look like furniture. I like my tools to be tools and my furniture... well you get the point. I may also spray paint the table frames to match the gray of the Delta metal table frame.

Reply to
-MIKE-

This is what I did...

After being smooshed by the youtube processors, it's only 18megs. Can you download that?

Reply to
-MIKE-

I built an outfeed table using a torsion box design. It doesn't fold, but rather lifts off but is _very_ lightweight. I cannot find any pix of its construction, I think the ex was off with the camera. It has two adjustable screws that level it with the saw top and the legs are actually a roller stand used before building the extension. The faces are tempered 3/16" hardboard, nitro-lacquered, and waxed. The miter slides were let into SPF 2x4s incorporated into the top before sandwiching together. Yadda, yadda...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

It will take him 45 minutes minimum

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

GarageWoodworks wrote in news:c22bc8a5-a091- snipped-for-privacy@b15g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

It's better than satellite. Satellite has such a high latency it's only good for downloading stuff (watching movies and the like) but the satellite companies all have (un)Fair Access Policies that limit how much you can download.

The latency on some connections is enough to make pages load in about the same amount of time as dialup!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Beautiful job. But you must not do much woodworking. The shop is too clean. (GRIN) Warren

Reply to
WW

My feminine side just had to sweep up some, before shooting the vid. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

try to shrink it a bit.

.GIF images take up less space (esp at 256 colors) and are fine for Internet Viewing. The resolution of many monitors is such that higher resolution/pixel images are wasted IMHO, of course.

On my web site, I try and keep it simple and fast loading to get the information across. Then, if needed, I can always shoot an interested party a higher resolution / larger file or point to such a copy "deeper" in my site.

I would say that VGA resolution would be fine for most of the stuff we share here and on similar sites as the option of sending a larger file always exists.

Thank you

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

I bought a Netzero e-mail account years ago for 9.99/yr and it came with thirty hours / month of "free" dial up access. I found it a real blessing when traveling through the hills of East Tn looking for property and staying in the least expensive motel rooms I could find. They didn't have HS Internet/Wireless connections - but the had a free local calls phone and that was all I needed to e-mail, fax (in/out) etc.

I have a local only phone - no long distance service - cheapest thing I could get up here in the hills and use 800 numbers and phone cards to do the long distance calling.

We went to Netzero HS last year and can use it from our Northern and Southern abodes simultaneously which means we have two connections for $15/month. If I could find a router with an RS-232C port, I might be able to network both computers to the same dial-up connection when the wife is with me.

As my Grandmother would say, watch the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.""

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

Not just an RS-232C port, go for one with a builtin modem. The graphite and snow Airport models (Apple made them compatible with Windows as well as MacOS setup tools), and Lucent/Orinoco early routers had Ethernet, WiFi, and modems builtin. Used ones can't be too pricey; Apple model numbers are M8440, M5757, and some (not all) A1034; Lucent model RG-1000.

Reply to
whit3rd

shrink it a bit.

I was talking about the video, not pics.

Reply to
-MIKE-

This is what I did...

I was on dial for long time. When folks posted pics larger than 200 megs, it was just too much.

Currently I have an adjustable Record roller--works OK most of the time but not nearly as nice as the folding outfeed table. Great for cutting 4x8 sheets solo.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
Pat Barber

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Thanks. Having seen your work, you're another guy who's kudos carry some weight. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

On 23 Nov 2009 14:58:06 GMT, the infamous Puckdropper scrawled the following:

Downloads of normal website pages was always fast for me. On uploads, though, I found it SLOWER than a 26.6k connect via a land line for moving a new website to the server. Small files took FOREVER on a sat connection due to those damned latencies. I'm _much, much_ happier with 1.5mbs DSL. I just saw that 7mbs is cheaper than I'm paying now for 1.5 and bitched to Qwest about it. They told me "Oh, sorry. 7mbs isn't available in your area yet.

-- It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. -- Seneca

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Qwest phone + slowest DSL + all the added fees was running right around $100/month for us. A friend started offering high speed internet service for $45/month and when I finally told Dave to sign me up, the throughput rate was about double Qwest's, and he threw in phone service for another $5/month (actual monthly total billing is $51.09). CID, call forwarding, etc all included in the $5/month.

They brought out a new modem and I retired my old Cisco 675 - then a couple of weeks ago Carol ("I hate computers!") decided that she might want a laptop. I called Dave to find out what I needed to buy so that Carol could have a wireless connection. The answer was "Don't buy anything - you already have everything you need. We can walk you through the modem setup over the phone when you get the laptop."

What made it interesting is that he's buying everything from Qwest at wholesale rates and selling a lower, but still profitable, retail price. The "Customer Service" folks at Qwest couldn't understand why I didn't want to go back. :)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:06:01 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey scrawled the following:

I'm now paying $72/mo for phone (cid and vm) and DSL. I was paying Dish $129/mo for Starband internet and TV (180 ch + dig FM). I gave up the TV and am happy ever after...if I could get faster DSL. Caching delays for Netflix suck. It reminds me of Dish uploads.

Cool!

I tried one of the Qwest resellers a few years ago and it ended up costing $3 and change more per month. I was NOT impressed.

-- It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. -- Seneca

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hoosierpopi wrote in news:16afef5d-c561-4815- snipped-for-privacy@g31g2000vbr.googlegroups.com:

You could pick up a cheap old computer and put a hardware modem in it and run free router software like Freesco. The two issues you'll run in to are modems dieing and finding replacement hardware modems. Software modems (those that require Windows, Winmodems, etc) don't play nice with older hardware.

I run with a Freesco box for years to share a dial-up connection. It was solid and the only troubles we had were with modems.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper