Vibration xmitting to house ?

I'm adding a 2nd floor onto my 24 x 26 attached garage that will become my shop. A major concern I have is vibrations xmiting into the house, particularly from a Delta contractors saw and a Delta 16" bandsaw, but also planer, drillpress, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to alleviate these issues? Anyone have any experience doing this?

The easiest thing I've been able to come up with is putting all of the stationary tools on vibration dampers. The problem here seems to be selecting the correct dampers since they're all based on weight and frequency. I'm also concerned about what this might do to stability and levelness (especially the tablesaw in relation to other surfaces around it that get used for helping support stuff while I cut.)

Thought about trying to install something between house and addition, but I can't do that with the existing garage which I assume then makes this unworkable.

I've floated floors in studios, but these were all cement. Is there a good and relatively inexpensive way to float a wood floor?

Thanks,

Aslan

Reply to
Aslan

Yes, wait until you're sure you HAVE an issue first.

Noise is one thing, but if the tools you've listed are properly operating, vibration shouldn't be anything a rubber mat couldn't handle.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I agree with Barry.

dave

B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I have a shop on the second floor of the garage which is attached to the house. Vibration is not a problem;. The lack of vertical walls is definitely a problem! Its amazing how much space is wasted by not having walls for shelving etc. Dave

Reply to
Dave W

If it does become a problem, try some hockey pucks as dampeners.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.