Veritas wooden spokeshave kit.

While perusing the Veritas web-pages I happened across something that really made me stop and take notice: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=2&pageI710&category=1,49601 Fabulous, simply fabulous..... though I pondered for a moment, it seemed to look aweful familiar to something I might have seen on the Web before.... Hmmmmm, now WHERE in the world could I have seen this before?-)
-- John Gunterman What, who? Me? a shill?!?!?!?! NEVER!!!! http://www.shavings.net/TEACHSHAVE.HTM Just say,(tm P.L.) that looks an aweful lot like a Hock iron, to me.
I see patent pending at the bottom. Will those websites have to come down when it is protected by patent?
JG wrote:

I would guess that lee valley's patent application is probably on the blade design with the threaded posts for adjustment. I can already think of an improvement which could be made to that...
If anyone is willing to send me a free spokeshave I'll send you my method.
-Jack

Hey why could'nt you just use an "old" but sharp Portion of a planer blade for the Tool steel??

On Fri, 21 May 2004 13:25:39 -0500, "Gregory Jensen" <gjensen

No. Almost all planer blades are HSS, and HSS is unforgeable.
If you ever want to make edge tools with the basics of equipment, buy some "O-1" tool steel stock. It's easy to find, comes ready ground with flat surfaces, and is easy to heat-treat with a basic gas torch or even a kitchen stove.
--
Smert' spamionam

Nice set-up for the kit. Too bad it's not a Hock blade.....
Cheers,
aw

Why ? You don't like made in USA blades???
Curious, given your handle...
Cheers -
Rob
Hey Robin,
You mean your blades aren't made in Canada? hehehe.
I know, I know, Ron's been importing. I'll have to shoot into Ottawa and try one of the kits, I've been using various Hock's with "ye old robertson set screws" forever.
I haven't seen the "old guy" poking around Almonte lately. I used to catch him looking over my shoulder at RW Studio, when he'd stop in for a visit.
Cheers,
aw

Hi -
He still spends most of his time up the street at 36 Mill street....
Website's been updated recently, and you can see what they're cooking up... but don't look until you've had your lunch....
www.canica.com
Cheers -
Rob
forth from the murky depths:

Yeah, where, indeed? They have a slightly different approach than yours did, though, Guntie. Same price but without the little stick o' wood riding along with it. Bueno!