Using a bandsaw horizontally

Hello, is it possible to use one of the "usual" bandsaw horizontally? This would make it possible to use it as a lumber mill, because one could move the tree trunk on a sled below the bandsaw much easier than with the saw blade vertical...

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel

Bandsaw mills are about the same price as a resaw which will take 2" blades and the equipment to move it.

A solution to a non-problem.

Reply to
George

I believe that it could be a problem if you already own the bandsaw..and don't have the money to purchase the bandsaw mill.

Bob McBreen

Reply to
RWM

Ah, yes, then the question is: how can I make my sawmill vertical so I can use it as a regular bandsaw?

Always thinkin' H

Reply to
Hylourgos