Use your scrap HW flooring for table tops

Page 1 of 2

I needed to make a quick table to put my scanner above my printer and saw that I had a inherited a few scraps of HW flooring that work perfectly!
Sorry for the grainy image. I'm leaving it at original res.
Just some glue and >poof<, a great table top. Which, by the way, is fairly tough because it's meant for, oh, *walking* on.
http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff352/tgm1024/IMG_7014.jpg
On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 10:43:41 -0700, Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

A great way to use scrap wood that you have. Another good reason to hang on to pieces of scrap.
Looks great.
Paul

Hey thanks! One small gotcha. In my case, the tongue & grooves aren't aligned precisely between the two types of wood, so the surfaces aren't perfectly aligned. No biggie for this kind of thing though.
On 9/5/2010 2:05 AM, Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

But that is the usual outcome with t&G flooring and the first finishing step of coarse sanding deals with imperfections like that.

The lighter wood looks like pine, not hardwood.
--
Jim in NC

[...snip...]

Ok. So?
On 9/5/2010 1:54 AM, Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

You did say you used hardwood?
Wreck Only
wrote:

Whooshed right past him, eh? <vbg>
-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

I have scraps. One of the ones I used (the middle piece) is Brazilian Cherry. The other looks like pine, but honestly I don't know. But my question is *What* on earth could it possibly matter if two of the pieces aren't hardwood???
Perhaps I should have made the subject "Use your scrap HW and pine flooring for table tops." OR perhaps I should have said in the original post some extra words to the effect of "...and saw that I had a inherited a few scraps of HW flooring and something that looks like pine that work perfectly!"
Is this all necessary?

more snippery
Is this all necessary? ------------------------------------------------------ Some days it just doesn't pay to post. You hit the jackpot.

My question precisely.

Snip what? <vbg>
--
Jim in NC

eh?

Who's on first?
--
Jim in NC

wrote

That's what I'm asking!
wrote

What?
--
Jim in NC

wrote

What's on second

I don't know!
I love that skit! It has to be first among classic routines.
The sad part is, many people probably have no idea what we are talking about.
Morgans wrote:

Third base!

On 9/11/10 12:10 PM, Morgans wrote:

I have a little homage to it in this parody of the music business I wrote...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN4XQtKCrbQ

--

-MIKE-