Unusual ebay auction (but on-topic)

Doug Miller

That is interesting especially in terms of "They came off Bosch router model #1617". Are there really 49-1/2 Bosch 1617 double amputees out there somewhere?

Tragic!

Reply to
RonB

a phalanx of robots marching towards the screen. When ever I see something like this, I am always curious to know what the story is on WHY he has them. Did he need one and they only would sell him a case of 100? Was there an auction of a defunct repair place? did something fall off the truck? Ah well...life is full of mysteries. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

LOL... I would wonder how this particular handle could go bad to warrant stocking or replacing that many handles. Perhaps these were actually a group of handles that did not pass initial inspection before assembly.

Reply to
Leon

Just my luck... 99 of them I just happen to be building 100 wooden cars at 1:1 scale and they only need a 2" hitch ball for completion. Is anybody else willing to part with their Bosch router model #1617 handle?

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

I emailed the seller and asked him that. Here's the reply:

My brother-in-law works at a place where they use the routers but mount them to a machine. When they do, they remove the handles. They tried to return them but Bosch didn't want them and they can't order the routers without them. We couldn't just throw them away so here they are.

Doug Miller

maybe paint them flat black and sell them as light weight, fuel saving trailer balls?

Reply to
mac davis

.22 targets?

Reply to
Bob Schmall

I suspected something like that.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

They'd make nice drawer pulls if they weren't so big. Joe

Doug Miller wrote:

Reply to
Joe_Stein

Make a bigger drawer!