Unique Problem With Air Tool...

Page 4 of 4

Take a look through this lubricant guide. http://www.anefforttorecoup.com/search.aspx?qt=lubricant
Thanks for all the ideas and tips. Still monitoring the posts but I should probably get back to work sooner or later so I'll respond sporadically as I see something jump out at me.
Thanks again folks!!!
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Truthfully, I'd say if the machines lasts 2-3 years with out lube they should simply replace or overhaul the equipment, like most every thing that the medical industry consumes their tools/equipment goes out for repaired regularly.
There are many food grade lubricants. Here is one: http://www.schaefferoil.com/food_grade.html
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

walls? They will wear a bit over time, but if the cylinder is smooth, they should still seal well enough to develop pressure, and not stick or bind.
Jon

I looked at my Parker O-Ring Handbook and they discuss o-ring sliding friction, etc. They claim to make PTFE coated o-rings as one option, but maybe you should call one of their technical reps and discuss your problem with them and see if there is anything new out there. The handbook says that generally that the harder durometer elastomers have less sliding friction, but optimal design has many factors including groove depth, materials, etc.