Undersized plywood slot cutters

Within the past few days, I was reading *somewhere* about someone offering new slot cutters that were undersize for plywood. And I don't mean 1/32 undersize as has traditionally been the case. These were undersize (in two different sizes, IIRC) for the *real* amount that plywood these days is undersize. However, I can't remember what I was looking at when I saw them. Has anyone else seen this recently?
I'm attempting to retrofit a rail and stile set with a new slot cutter that will work better with the plywood that is available locally. I stopped by the yard (Owl Hardwood in Lombard) and measured the 1/4" maple ply. This probably isn't news to most, but it measured between 0.185-0.190 on the three sheets that I sampled. That's 3/16" plus or minus a few thousandths.
todd

plywood these days is undersize. However, I can't remember what I was looking at when I saw them. Has anyone else seen this recently? Yes, I remember reading about the same thing - I think I might have seen it in a flyer from Infinity tools. After checking their website, they have slotting cutters in 5.5mm, 5.9mm, 5/32", and 3/16". Amazon also has a 3/16" slot cutter by Freud, but I think Infinity might have been advertising theirs to go with a rail & stile set. Hope this helps, Andy

These are good people to deal with. Prices are competitive.
http://tinyurl.com/h6cy4
To the countertop professionals, they're Lee Valley...on steroids.

When you said Infinity, that rang a bell. I subscribe to their mailing list and found an email from them on this topic. Here's the link they refer to http://www.infinitytools.com/products.asp?dept 02. They sell a tongue and groove cutter set that cuts either a 5.5mm or a 5.9mm groove. The 5.5mm works out to right about 7/32", which is the size I already have in my rail and stile set (which is too big for the ply that's available). I ran across a 5.2mm slot cutter from MLCS. The only tricky part now is that I need to find one that matches the outside diameter of the existing slot cutter (1.75").
todd
the 1/4" birch plywood I've been working with from HD in Toronto is ~.220".
-
Amana makes a slot cutter that's adjustable. You loosen this nut, then turn the dial like a dial-a-dado. It was about $100 iirc.
brian