Tung oil preserver

I have not been able to find any regular finish preserver--everyone seems to be out until November. I have been using a dash of propane in the can and that seems to work ok.
Recently, I found a cylinder of Genetron 22 at the dump.(chlorodifluoromethane, similar to Freon). Used in air conditioners. It had some pressure still left so I hooked a bit of tubing to it and used that in my Tung oil cans. Don't try it! This stuff is absorbed by the tung oil, leaving a vacuum. I have two deformed cans to prove it.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

LOL!
Of course it condensed. It's a refrigerant!
I might have done the same thing.
Don't try that with anhydrous ammonia either...
--
FF

Did you try http://www.bloxygen.com/purch.html
I bought a can from Lee Valley, and I noticed it said IronWood Designs is a division of "Private Preserve, Napa Valley"
http://winepreserve.com /
And if you go to that web site, you will see the same can, but a different label. Price is $9.00 a can. Bloxygen is $9.99 a can.
But with shipping, the price seems to be the same...
Gerald Ross writes:

Works for me, especially with marine finishes which start at about $35-$40/quart.
YMMV
Lew