TS repair - spray welding?

Seems like a lot of the old table saws have the areas in front and back of the throat plate worn away. (From slamming the wrench into it to loosen the arbor nut I'd assume.) Is spray welding and regrinding the best way to fix it? The only way? Just curious.
JP
I have used epoxy for filling holes in drill press tables with success. It may work for your application. The materials I have used are PC-7 and West Epoxy. Dave
Are you going to be using MIG or stick? Be damn sure there is no contaminants in the area as it may look nice but will fall off or break away with one hit from a wrench. Pretty straight forward, but careful with the grinding.
Jon

If it's a cast iron table, don't you have to get the WHOLE TOP heated up (to reduce the chance of cracking) before doing a weld? It doesn't seem likely to be worth doing,

I'm not planning on doing it, I'm just wondering how one would go about it. Over at the mill we had some moulder beds spray welded and they came out good as new. I just don't know how you do it, or if it's worth it. Just curious. JP
Jay Pique wrote:

Another traditional way to build the metal back up is to braze some brass onto the area. I don't see why that wouldn't work on a cast iron TS top.