trunnion trouble, or, why can't I adjust my tablesaw?

Page 3 of 3
In my opinion, you have to have two things to align any contractor saw:
(1) TS-Aligner ttp://www.ts-aligner.com/ (2) http://www.in-lineindustries.com/saw_pals.html
Without these two devices, you are in for a very long day or night.......
You also need the instructions I gave you in a earlier message from the B&D site.
VeryLargeCorp wrote:

My Delta CS cuts better than most PM66s, thanks to the PALS upgrade, so well I've forgetten they're there. Aligned the blade with a homemade sled-style dial gauge carriage.
Only prob was the inside corner fillets on the PALS brackets required a bit of filing to get the washers to sit dead flat.

Is this a new saw? If so, return it, it's defective. That is assuming you didn't forget to loosen a bolt or two!! I don't like the idea of using clamps to get a casting to line up. Whats actually moving when you use the clamps? Is something bending? Maybe this is why we hear of broken trunions? Be careful with it. I've seen cast iron pieces snap, when tightened down, and not aligned properly.

It's new--still under warranty. The Grizzly folks actually offered to start a return procedure, at least for the main table with the trunnion mechanism. That's such a hassle, I'm just trying everything I can before doing a return.
DS
VeryLargeCorp wrote:

I missed the beginning of this thread, but if it's a contractor saw check to be sure the error is the same at 90 and at 45. If not, the two bars connecting the front and back trunnions are not parallel.
--
It's turtles, all the way down

When you get through knocking it about, don't forget to check at full 45 to make sure you don't have interference with something. You don't want to find that out when you crank over to make a bevel cut. In particular, there is a rather small zone that clears the insert. The blade to slot dimension has a small tolerance.
Frank

Just got this offer via email http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_042707.htm
can't speak to the quality just passing it along.