TrollFilter Update available

The latest TrollFilter update is now available from my autoresponder (see sig for download instructions).
Summary of changes:
14 Jan 2005 ect refusal to do ANYthing about it despite repeated complaints, Google has been added to the list of blocked domains that permit or ignore abuse. Posts to rec.woodworking which originate at googlegroups.com, and all followups, are dropped.
(Doug Miller) wrote:

Sorry about the garble. Should have read
14 Jan 2005 Due to persistent troll attacks through Google Groups, and Google's persistent refusal to do ANYthing about it despite repeated complaints, Google has been added to the list of blocked domains that permit or ignore abuse. Posts to rec.woodworking which originate at googlegroups.com, and all followups, are dropped.

<applause>
djb
you're an idiot.

AllYou! wrote:

Hear hear.

Sadly, sometimes it's about signal:noise ratio, plain and simple. If google would respond to abuse complaints (like they _used to_), in a useful way, that'd be different.

By the way, Paul, if you want an account on a box you can log in to to get to news.individual.net, drop me an email and I'll get you going.
Dave
Dave Hinz wrote:

Thanks for the offer, Dave, but at this time I don't need to. My ISP uses Giga news which, outside of a couple of small issues, is actually quite good. A part of the time the only software available to me is a browser and I am forced to use Google Groups.
PK
On Fri 14 Jan 2005 11:25:22a, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in

I picked it up just to see if I could apply any of it to my XNews score file. I find I have to apply each filter separately but with a little bit of tweaking they work just fine. Thanks Doug. My head hurts when I try to work with regexpressions. Pasting somebody else's is a lot more fun. :-)

There isn't a lot of tweaking to do to convert these to Xnews.
Thanks, Doug. No matter what the twits say about you.
Patriarch, who is working out the Xnews settings on a new computer, and not remembering all that well what he did for the old, now departed one...