Trash(ed) Chair: Design Problems

I picked up this chair from someone's trash this morning. http://home.mchsi.com/%7Elawlhote/chair/chair.htm It has almost as many problems as Janet Jackson's malfunctioning wardrobe ;-)
Larry
Larry,
It is kind of a nice old chair. Has some nice features, as you pointed out, and may have been fairly elegant in its day. Please post again when you get it repaired and spruced up.
Kevin B.

out,
get
I can do that. First, however, is getting the thing apart leaving the individual pieces intact. I don't think this chair is a candidate for use of my convincer(dead blow hammer.) If anyone has experience with this disassembly process, I'd appreciate any suggestions or sources. My email address isn't munged. Larry
Lawrence wrote:> I don't think this chair is a candidate for use

Maybe use a metal detector to check for brads 'n such, remove said such, then spreader clamps? Tom Someday, it'll all be over....