Topical question - what's a good safe heater for garage shop?

Ah, gotcha.
In your position, I'd probably look at a small propane furnace, properly vented. Like something you'd find in an RV.
djb
--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes

On 1/6/2015 11:12 PM, Night.Reader wrote:

Should keep you plenty warm.

Very considerate of you. I plan to do the same. We are sitting here trying to decide which restaurant to go to for either a late lunch or early dinner. Just one of those things we like to do at least once a week. Biggest deicision will be white or red wine.
On 1/7/2015 10:10 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Jackie Chan's Son Will Get None Of His $130 Million Fortune
Jackie stated that he was originally intending to donate half of his wealth to charity and leaving his family the other half but recently changed his will to leave 100% for charitable causes throughout the world. The elder Chan explained: "If he is capable, he can make his own money. If he is not, then he will just be wasting my money."
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/celebrity/jackie-chans-son-130-million-fortune/
Just Wondering wrote:

I used a $15 snow shovel yesterday that will make you just as warm. ;)
On 01/06/2015 10:12 PM, Night.Reader wrote:

If you haven't already committed, and since $$ itself really doesn't seem to be the issue, I'd suggest rethinking the electrical and consider adding a subpanel feed in place of one location now.
I say this for two reasons...
a) The fumes from the propane heaters unless it is externally vented, and primarily
b) That you mention you have "issues" with either extreme, not just cold. The heat pump solution would solve both and I can imagine the issue is only going to get more difficult to deal with with time, not better.
Just $0.02, imo, ymmv, etc., etc., etc., ..., of course.
And as for the $$, if they're fighting types, they'll just fight over the tools instead... :)
On 1/6/2015 11:12 PM, Night.Reader wrote:

Holy CRAP!

+1

--
Jeff

+1
--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes
"MJ" wrote in message

MJ, I put an electric wall heater in the wall of my own car-and-a-half garage shop, and it's done a great job for me up here in Port Townsend, Washington. It's a Pic-A-Watt 240V/4500W wall-mount heater, and it cost me about $260 three or four years ago. Here's a link to King's fan-driver heater page: http://www.king-electric.com/products/fan-heater.html . The LPW model is the one I bought.
Tom
On Wed, 07 Jan 2015 11:20:31 -0600, dpb wrote:

That was my reaction as well.
I had a full panel in the house and needed to add a sub-panel in the garage. The electrician took out some full height breakers and put half height ones in their place. Gave the needed space.
On 01/07/2015 11:48 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote: ...

Was what I was thinking altho I see I didn't mention the "how" w/o it being too much hassle to fit another into the box (presuming he's not at actual listed limitation for the panel).
Like the added benefit of the cool cycle, since obviously enjoys the shop there's bound to be other uses for the additional capacity down the road if it's there...

We normally go out to lunch or diner at least twice a week but I've been out of work for six weeks (heart surgery 2 days before Thanksgiving). I go back to work Monday. For the last three or four weeks we've gone out ~5-6X a week. During the day we go out to a mall, HD, or Lowes (or all three) and walk (a good dose of bronchitis hurt the plans some). After, it's time to get something to eat. ;-) No alcohol, though.

Glad to hear you are recovering. My wife will be going for heart surgery in about 6 weeks. I hope she does as well.
On 1/7/2015 4:08 PM, Bill wrote:

And the world was pretty and white while you were keeping warm. In the Carolina all we get is depression cold gray days.

Thank you. Surprisingly, it would have been a walk in the park had I not had the run-in with bronchitis. I had to stay in the hospital 9 days (3 in CCICU) because of some other work while they were in there but even that (that I was awake for) was easy enough. Tell her that we're wishing her well and that, at least in one case, it was far easier than expected.
On 1/10/2015 4:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Against code Where?
On 1/10/2015 6:27 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

CT
On 1/10/2015 6:27 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Most everywhere http://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/stoves-in-residential-garages/

If not you, the next owner will. It's even called a "garage".

The question is, what does the fire/building inspector call it?