Top posting is best

Should I be flattered?
UA100, who does like a panty twister here and there...

That was more of a "pot...kettle...black" kind of thing.

Like I said. I don't understand why people go out of their way to read a thread they know they don't want to see, and then complain about it.

The difference between your 'opinion' and my 'opinion' is that bottom posting (my opinion) has been formalized as 'correct' etiquette in RFC1855, whereas top posting has not. I know we're all supposed to be 'empowered to be individuals' in today's society, but there's something to be said for standards and cooperation (without which there'd be no Internet at all).
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
-Mike
--
http://www.mschaef.com

MSCHAEF.COM wrote:
wrote:

messages to

That is why the quoted text should be edited down to only that which is relevant to the reply.

opinion, and

Opinion is like flatulence. Everbody has it and everybody thinks the other person's stinks worse.

something to

"Without rules we'd all be swinging from trees flinging our crap at each other." -- Red Forman
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

Not true. I've had a gastric bypass and ever since mine is carcenogenic to any other poor soul caught in the blast. I recognize, acknowledge, and revel in that knowledge. After all, anything worth doing is worth doing well.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:
Please place
OT:Top posting is best
in front of the topic of messages like this.

Most top posters tend to quote the entire posting.
First, we shouldn't quote the entire posting that we are responding to because many people (especially outside the United States) have to pay for their Internet access by the minute and/or by the amount of data transferred.
Secondly, we shouldn't put our comments above the quoted material because people who aren't directly involved in a discussion themselves usually follow the logic more easily when they can read the material in more-or-less chronological order.
And finally, it's completely unnecessary to quote people's "signatures" at the ends of their postings since they just take up space.

That, sometimes, is the fault of the person with the sig file. Most newsreaders (even Outhouse) will recognize "-- " on a line by itself as a sig delimiter. If someone just uses "--", then it's something that looks like, but is not, a legal sig delimiter.
I trim for <brevity> and mostly top posting. I have a question for you "Are we still better off today when gasoline is now over $2.00 at the pump?"