Toolmakers Cabinet Lock

Help required please. I have a Moore &Wright Wooden Engineering Toolmakers Cabinet and I need to buy a new lock for it. Can anyone suggest a place where I might buy on. ?Google wasnt much help. Any help will be greatly appreciated John in Cornwall

Reply to
Hushup

New Wave Dave

Reply to
Hushup

Almost anywhere, from local hardware shops upwards. Isaac Lord (webbed) or Craft Supplies are obvious UK suppliers for small cabinetry like this.

If it's like the usual pattern then it's just a simple drawer lock, nothing magic. These are easier to find and fit than box locks as they don't have such a complex keeper plate and are less fussy about fit.

The other alternative is to use the lock it already has. They're easy to cut a key for, if you don't have the old one.

OTOH, just ignore the lock entirely. I have two similar cabinets and I've never locked either. It's my workshop though.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Hence the Moore and Wright. A fine toolmaker. I wish their products were more available in the US.

Reply to
CW

Hello Hushup Are you still there? Did you manage to replace the lock? I have the same problem. The existing is a Yale tlb17 lock and I am unable to get a replacement key. If you replaced the lock, what spec? Obviously you need the lick to keep the panel closed!

Reply to
dave

< 14 year old thread >

Lee Valley sells various locks :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Check out

gray_wolf

These are very simple locks. Another approach is to take the lock to a locksmith, and ask for a key to be made.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn