tool gloat, gloat

Yesterday I spotted an Amana 8" stacked dado set at one of the local pawns, still mostly padded from a recent sharpening (or maybe largely unused?). Resisted the immediate urge. It was only $40.
Went back today, it was still there. Picked it up, and a metal Makita drill index (sized just right to fit my cordless case, and mostly-full of sharp bits) marked at $7.50. When I asked what their best price for the lot was, the guy said "$37.50". My wallet opened really fast.
Not everything was as it first seemed: one of the chippers was missing a carbide tip; got a new one ordered for another $37.50. Still, that's not too bad a deal, huh?
Dan
On 8 Dec 2004 20:51:38 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gte.net wrote:

A lot of sharpening shops can replace that tooth for ~$7-8.
Barry
Thanks, Barry, I'll look into having it replaced. There are very few sharpening shops around here (mid-MO), but I'll look around.
Dan
On 9 Dec 2004 20:06:52 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gte.net wrote:

In MO: <http://www.ballewtools.com/ <http://www.redrocksharpening.com/
Both are no farther than the mailman.
Barry
Thanks again, Barry. I just sent both a query by e-mail. Redrock is probably closer, maybe on the way to the SWMBO-in-law's. Gotta get a map out. <G>
Dan