Tool dock or similar?

I noticed the Tool dock system a few years ago and again yesterday on DIY.

I guess the appeal for me is just getting some of those bench items(miter box, grinder) off the cabinet counter top in my garage. I built cabinets all around the back and side of my double garage but seem to keep covering up the counter tops!

Does anyone have experience with either the Tool Dock system or another(including homemade)? For those not familiar with the product it is a modular system of metal cabinets with some that have tops that accept your bench tool(mounted on a piece of mdf) and tightens down on the mdf base to grab it for working. When done you can release the mounted bench tool and place it back in a tall cabinet with metal runners that accept the mdf base.

I'm unsure about how to go about making a home version should I decide to do it but am mulling it over.

Thanks for any ideas.

RonT

Reply to
Ron Truitt