Hurricane Damage - Bent Finger Dock

Well, I'm getting tired of this, but it isn't over with. Tropical storm Frances blew through, did a little damage here. The new guy in our condo has a 40' sailboat. The boaters were out often to check on lines and monitor the storm. I noticed this guy changed how he tied his boat often. I was getting nervous when one of the pilings hubby's boat is tied to was moving a tad with the highest wind gusts. Yesterday, hubby showed me the piling new guy had tied to - furthest out at the end of the finger dock. The piling has shifted so that the end of the dock now has a right-hand curve. One of the funnier things I've seen lately.

If hurricane Ivan stays on present course, it should go right through our condo. If the prevailing wind is from the south, it might straighten out the dock. Can't think of anything else to do for it.

I'd like to load up a truck and take stuff to a storage unit on high ground, but wondering if I shouldn't just keep going.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those in the path of this monster. I have a feeling my life is about to change. Again.

Good luck to all.

Reply to
Norminn