This Old House Comment/Observation

Saving money does not necessarily mean penny pinching, it can also mean spending less in one category so you can spend more in another and still come in under your total budget.

D.

Reply to
Derek Lyons

My _dull_ old chisels used to supply lots of excitement...

Reply to
phorbin

On 11 Mar 2009 21:15:34 GMT, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) scrawled the following:

It's a sin to anyone who loves wood, Scott.

- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry. ---

NoteSHADES(tm) laptop privacy/glare guards

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:44:53 -0500, the infamous Jack Stein scrawled the following:

Yeah, gawdjus. Just gawdjus! Hey, Steve, try a UV light next time you want to hurry up the oxidizing of the cherry. (Disclaimer: I haven't tried it but heard that it works. Caution: Do not stare into the UV light with the remaining eye.)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 19:30:10 -0400, the infamous Tom Watson scrawled the following:

Sure beats Minwhacked PolyShades. I had a client who made me use that crap on a kitchen cart and I almost puked while doing it. Luckily, it was red/brown on oak ply, aka "mahogany", aka "RBS". (If you recall, I call stains RBS, or Reddish Brown Shit, regardless of the color.)

THAT's the info I was waiting to hear. Goodonya, Tom!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks Larry. I remember your kind comments right after I built this chair; geez, how many years have intervened since then? I dropped out of here for quite a while after all that noisy "puppy wizard" business, but apart from all the political crap I'm happy to see the group is back to some level of sanity, and it's good to see you back here as well. I don't have any Cherry projects in the queue, but I'll keep the UV trick in mind next time one comes along.

Reply to
Steve Turner