This Is A Boring Newsgroup

Page 2 of 2

I've never been much of a traveler, Bob, but that sounds like fun.
I enjoy exploring the little bitty creeks around here, that rise from the mountains about twenty-five miles west.
(we call them mountains - folks from colorado would call them hills - still, they are the northern expression of the blue ridge chain and are thus at least related to mountains)
Best breakfast I've ever had, bar none, is a couple of shortish brookies, fresh caught - and stuck into a campfire with a skin of tinfoil containing nothing but butter, salt and pepper. Tastes like heaven itself.
OBWW - we did cook these on a wood fire.
Regards, Tom.

While sitting around singing Kumbaya?
Bob

Oh hell yes!
And I know all the words.
'course there's only about three words.
Regards, Tom.
Tom Watson wrote:

    j4
Early July? Where you been, son? And... where you been fishin'?
bob g.
Tom Watson wrote:

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:00:41 -0500, Robert Galloway

Around here, our bass mommas give up their eggs in late May or early June. I caught this confused specimen, sitting on a bed, in the second week of July - that is damned strange for these parts.
Regards, Tom.
Ya just had to go and jinx it didnja? Heck we almost have JOAT a paying gig too.

Increasing entropy?
bob g.
Tom Watson wrote:

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:57:47 -0500, Robert Galloway

Although my knowledge of thermodynamics is pecky, at best, I have a fair grip on the application of its laws to social structures.
My understanding of the former is that entropic regression can only consume the energy at hand, unlike the latter, which can consume energies beyond its initial state - and can create a void out of all proportion to its initial mass.
Having drawn out the dragon - I will retire.
Regards, Tom.

Have you considered un-retiring? Seems like you've WAY to much time on your hands.
Respectfully,
Wally Goffeney (retired)
Aye......
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Tom Watson" < snipped-for-privacy@erehwon.com> wrote in message
OK. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. It was a joke.
I am humbled. I have posted dozens of messages here. They have included OT, On Topic, advice, humour and not a little foul language.
Apparently Tom Watson has read none of them, or he would know me.
I have had a most unpleasant private post from Tom. I am assuming that was NOT a joke, or it could have been posted in public, along with a lot of the other chaff that goes on here.
Tom. You made a joke about how quiet the group was. I thought I would fix that.
IT WAS A JOKE. I am sorry I offended you.
I will leave it at that, but I really have to wonder at the thin skin of the group, considering the sort of stuff that floats around here. AS A JOKE. ***************************************************** It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it rammed down our throats.
OK. On reflection, I will assume that the private email that I received from "Tom Watson", implying fisticuffs should I ever get near enough, was a malicious joke, and that he was not simply publicly seeming to be a nice guy, and dong his knuckle-dragging in private, in order to protect his net image.

***************************************************** It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it rammed down our throats.

            gotcha
(btw - id'a used a tubfour on your sorry butt - it'd a been a nice walnut one though)
Regards, Tom.
Damn.... Now that's what I call diplomacy in action........;-)

JP **************** The Reflex.
Well my joke part was my own cussing... no offence... Alex

<Snip of Tom walking by a calm, glass smooth lake, picking up a big rock and tossing it in... >
"There! Much better.."
Hmmm, I thought BAD was done trolling.......                 Mark L.