This Is A Boring Newsgroup

Although my knowledge of thermodynamics is pecky, at best, I have a fair grip on the application of its laws to social structures.

My understanding of the former is that entropic regression can only consume the energy at hand, unlike the latter, which can consume energies beyond its initial state - and can create a void out of all proportion to its initial mass.

Having drawn out the dragon - I will retire.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Around here, our bass mommas give up their eggs in late May or early June. I caught this confused specimen, sitting on a bed, in the second week of July - that is damned strange for these parts.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Aye......

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

Sometimes boors can be quite entertaining -- well,in a crude and oafish way. Their attire does tend to provide 'fair warning', however -- they wear boormuda shorts in inappropriate places.

A boor is not necessarily a bore; but, frequently he _is_ a bur.

If you prefer, we can discuss the distinction between being 'a cad', and 'caddy'.

Don't forget, a person who gets impaled by the tusks of a male pig is boared.

Corporations like Enron, Adelphia, MCI, get into trouble because all their directors are bored members.

Not to mention that if the aforementioned pig, in a fit of tedium, stuck his tusk through a plank used for entering a ship, you would then have a bored-boar-bored boarding-board.

Does that help clear things up? Or is it like the overly-successful anti- H-bomb rally? At which there was a profusion of confusion?

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

OK. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. It was a joke.

I am humbled. I have posted dozens of messages here. They have included OT, On Topic, advice, humour and not a little foul language.

Apparently Tom Watson has read none of them, or he would know me.

I have had a most unpleasant private post from Tom. I am assuming that was NOT a joke, or it could have been posted in public, along with a lot of the other chaff that goes on here.

Tom. You made a joke about how quiet the group was. I thought I would fix that.

IT WAS A JOKE. I am sorry I offended you.

I will leave it at that, but I really have to wonder at the thin skin of the group, considering the sort of stuff that floats around here. AS A JOKE.

***************************************************** It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it rammed down our throats.
Reply to
Old Nick

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:38:26 +0800, Old Nick vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

OK. On reflection, I will assume that the private email that I received from "Tom Watson", implying fisticuffs should I ever get near enough, was a malicious joke, and that he was not simply publicly seeming to be a nice guy, and dong his knuckle-dragging in private, in order to protect his net image.

***************************************************** It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it rammed down our throats.
Reply to
Old Nick

Well my joke part was my own cussing... no offence... Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

gotcha

(btw - id'a used a tubfour on your sorry butt - it'd a been a nice walnut one though)

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

"Mommy - make the bad man stop!"

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Damn.... Now that's what I call diplomacy in action........;-)

Reply to
BobS

Go to your room.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

While sitting around singing Kumbaya?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

"There! Much better.."

Reply to
patrick conroy

Oh hell yes!

And I know all the words.

'course there's only about three words.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

and four notes. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Reply to
Mark L.

JP

**************** The Reflex.
Reply to
Jay Pique

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:53:46 GMT, "Mark L." wrote:

Reply to
brocpuffs

on your hands.

Respectfully,