Thinner or Mineral Spirits?

Page 2 of 2

A friend of mine, who used to own a paint store, always had a 55gallon drum out behind his store. Any of us who needed some, would fill our jugs, toss a few bucks in a can and away we went. All was fine for decades, till some environmental, tofu-sucking, Birkenstock-wearing, Tilly hatted, Prius-driving, Ed Begley-grade tree-hugger called the authorities and they wanted to make him install a permanent CO2 extinguisher and drip-trays with pollution-control labels and piles of paper to fill out...he took the drum away.
Robatoy said:

Musta really pissed you off to have lost that drum to come up with that humorous rant. Ever see the episode of The Simpsons where Begley spoofed his own environmentalism by showing himself using a golf-cart powered by his "own sense of self-satisfaction?"
They would have freaked over my engine parts cleaner back in the 70s. A 55 gal drum sliced in half, hinged, and filled with gunk degreaser and kerosene. Right beside the outside shop wall. I did have a one gallon powder extinguisher, however. And the ill fitting lid...
Greg G.

I rant not!
Nope, I don't watch the Simpsons. Old-style cartoons, sure. I'm a huge Bugs fan. Foghorn Leghorn RULES!! Hanna Barbera had some great ones. When Joseph Barbera died (December 18, 2006 (aged 95)) they drove past the same cemetery scene...... 14 times. I have all the Animaniacs on discs. I always wanted an affair with Slappy The Squirrel.
Robatoy said:

OK... ;-)

Ha! Same here. Except that I do watch The Simpsons - Doh! One of the things I dislike about this area is that they don't run any of those older (American made!) cartoons anymore. One of the stations in FL played them every morning. And I loved the Animaniacs rapid fire wit. I haven't seen an episode in 8 years, however. I never thought to look for them on DVD. The Cartoon Network is mostly Turner stuff, but I can deal with Futurama.
I say, I say, I always wanted an affair with Kim Bassinger, son. But it's the same thing we do every night, Pinky...
Greg G.
Robatoy said:

Just for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ZjH6mpbyQ&feature=related