Thickness Sander

Anybody know where I can get plans for building a thickness planer? Thanks, Jer
Fri, Sep 19, 2003, 10:10pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Maskman) casts out: Anybody know where I can get plans for building a thickness planer?
Which is it, thickness sander, or thickness planer?
JOAT Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 19 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /
http://www.moritzdesigns.com /

Thank you, it is sander.

Here are 2 more:
WOOD #7 (Oct 1985) has a nice, basic design The earlier WOOD issues had several similar projects. I remember a scroll saw, lathe & and a sanding center.
Sanding & Planing by Nick Engler Chapter 7 page 95 a design that will handle 3-4" thick and 16" wide. Intended to mount on the way tube of and be driven by a Shop Smith MKV
DexAZ

Talk to the guys and gals in this forum,
http://www.mimf.com/archives/thickness_sander2.htm
they have some really good ideas. Even some ideas and plans on making a conveyor feed sytem so you don't have to hand feed your material. A lot of them have made plans up too and will share if you ask.
Hope that helps,
JDWOOD

Good pics and home built tools.
http://www.beaumontmetalworks.com/thicknesssander/gallery.html