The Perils of Working For Friends

Absolutely. Thankfully this thread will die out soon and I can go back to top posting as usual.
Growing old is mandatory--growing up is optional.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Well, that might be applicable if we were talking about PINs or ATMs or other acronyms, but we are not.
As I said before, even though there is a logical reason why people should bottom post, the MOST important thing is that everyone does it the same way (so conversation flows in the same direction, either or up or down (not up then down and then to the middle)). Its like driving on the right side of the road. Works great here, not so good in Europe.
My little unscientific poll clearly shows that majority of the poster in rec.woodworking bottom post, so you should too, otherwise you might cause an accident. ;)
I enjoy your posts and I know you are an intelligent person, so at this point I think you are just being stubborn and argumentative.
Agreed. :) Maybe I should start side posting. :)

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
:)

I tried that in one of these "discussions"... It was WAY too much work...
Question for the top OR bottom posting skirmishers:
Doesn't the way the last poster "posts" determine where you do?
In this case. CW top posted.... so I did, also to keep the thread of who said what, and in what order...
If he'd bottom posted, I would have followed him there...
Will I go to hell if I answer inline????
So many questions, so little time....
Mac

Look again. You post is (quite logically, IMHO) below his.

Because he top posted, you couldn't do that, so had to delete the out-of order stuff below it to make sense. That deletion is probably desireable--you don't need the whole thread for context, just the portion to which you are replying.

"mac davis" wrote in message

My tendency is to want to top post, I guess from my old BBS/Fido days.
I bottom post because "when in Rome..".
That said, IMO top posters are infinitely preferable to bottom posters who are just too damn lazy to cut and edit ... including those who can't seem to take out the !#$)*T# message id information.
There is little worse than scrolling down though a couple hundred lines of quoted text to find a "me too".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06

I "snip" a lot but when I remember to, I find that (in Agent) if I highlight the text that I'm replying to, that's all that will be in the post...
OTOH, when things are "snipped" incorrectly, it can appear that someone else was the OP or that "CW said" when actually it was a prior poster... Or something like that..... I need more caffeine before any thinking is gonna take place.. Mac
[snip]

Thank you!!! That is the sum and substance of my whole campaign against bottom posting--the inconsiderate bottom posters.

Right.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Swingman wrote:

Agreed. But then I think that people who are too lazy or too uninterested to cut and edit should be killfiled :-).
--
It's turtles, all the way down

I think you are a little confused - every country in Europe, with the exception of the UK, drives on the right.

Wrong. You missed out Ireland, Malta and Cyprus, and if I were being pedantic Jersey, Guernsey and Alderney.
There is also one street in central London where traffic drives on the right - Savoy Court http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savoy_Court

Regardless, I think it's obvious what I was getting at.

Mac

Exactly.

OK, I should have qualified UK as including possessions and one-time colonies etc

You should have just said nothing at all....

But not all of them. Traffic in Gibraltar drives on the right :)