The Curio Cabinets Are Done

The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a great job as usual..

Leon

--------------------------------------------- As usual, so did you.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Thank you Lew.

Reply to
Leon

Looks terrific! That's an awesome color.

Reply to
Michael

Congratulations! If it was my work I would be proud that they came out at the same height, and that they don't lean (a half a cm at the bottom could made a big difference at the top!) In fact, it sounds all that much tougher to make a "pair" of something, because it would seem to invite comparison... You were obviously successful!

Cheers, Bill

Reply to
Bill

Super! Dare I say "gorgeous"? ;-)

If I buy a new SawStop will I be able to make a set of those? ;-)

Reply to
Max

Nice.. how'd you mount the glass in the rabbets? Just silicone, or rubber strips, or wood trim.

Reply to
woodchucker

Thank you! I used Walnut Grain Paint! ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Thank you Bill.

You will learn that the key to things coming out the same is to cut all of the pieces for both cabinets at the same time. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Thank you very much Max!

Absolutely! in fact if you get the SawStop and bla, bla, bla ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I use this guy. ;~)

Actually all of the glass is held in place by some type of clear silicone adhesive applied with a caulk gun. Paul, the glass guy, does a great job.

I build in rabbits for all of the glass to set in to. He applied a small bead of the adhesive on the perimeter face of the rabbet. Unless you are specifically looking for the adhesive you don't notice it. It beats the heck out of closing the glass in with moldings and there is no glass rattle.

Reply to
Leon

Somebody always starts up that saw mill at just the wrong moment! : )

Reply to
Bill

Beautifully done, as usual. Gonna have to invent some new adjectives to describe your sterling work, Bubba.

Reply to
Swingman

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah, ain't that the truth? I hate this guy. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

:~)

Reply to
Leon

Oh, I thought they still needed paint. ;-)

Reply to
krw

That walnut grain paint is pretty good, HUH? Cant even tell that they were already painted. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Well, that's why I'd use white paint on top of a nice oil primer. Gotta keep that grain from showing through. ...or maybe Formica.

Reply to
krw