The Curio Cabinets Are Done

The man I use for glass came today and installed the glass. He did a great job as usual..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114372953/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114271325/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114540325/
"Leon" wrote:

As usual, so did you.
Lew
On 3/12/2014 6:41 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Thank you Lew.
On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:58:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Looks terrific! That's an awesome color.
On 3/12/2014 7:17 PM, Michael wrote:

Thank you! I used Walnut Grain Paint! ;~)

Oh, I thought they still needed paint. ;-)

That walnut grain paint is pretty good, HUH? Cant even tell that they were already painted. ;~)

Well, that's why I'd use white paint on top of a nice oil primer. Gotta keep that grain from showing through. ...or maybe Formica.
Leon wrote:

Congratulations! If it was my work I would be proud that they came out at the same height, and that they don't lean (a half a cm at the bottom could made a big difference at the top!) In fact, it sounds all that much tougher to make a "pair" of something, because it would seem to invite comparison... You were obviously successful!
Cheers, Bill
On 3/12/2014 7:29 PM, Bill wrote:

Thank you Bill.
You will learn that the key to things coming out the same is to cut all of the pieces for both cabinets at the same time. ;~)
On 3/12/2014 4:58 PM, Leon wrote:

Super! Dare I say "gorgeous"? ;-)
If I buy a new SawStop will I be able to make a set of those? ;-)
On 3/12/2014 7:48 PM, Max wrote:

Thank you very much Max!

Absolutely! in fact if you get the SawStop and bla, bla, bla ;~)
Leon wrote:

Somebody always starts up that saw mill at just the wrong moment! : )
On 3/12/2014 6:58 PM, Leon wrote:

Nice.. how'd you mount the glass in the rabbets? Just silicone, or rubber strips, or wood trim.
--
Jeff

On 3/12/2014 8:29 PM, woodchucker wrote:

I use this guy. ;~) http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13114369693/
Actually all of the glass is held in place by some type of clear silicone adhesive applied with a caulk gun. Paul, the glass guy, does a great job.
I build in rabbits for all of the glass to set in to. He applied a small bead of the adhesive on the perimeter face of the rabbet. Unless you are specifically looking for the adhesive you don't notice it. It beats the heck out of closing the glass in with moldings and there is no glass rattle.
On 3/12/2014 5:58 PM, Leon wrote:

Beautifully done, as usual. Gonna have to invent some new adjectives to describe your sterling work, Bubba.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.
On 3/13/14, 6:04 AM, Swingman wrote:

Yeah, ain't that the truth? I hate this guy. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 3/13/2014 10:35 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

:~)