The "anti-gloat" question got me thinking....

Page 1 of 2
A herd of cattle, a pride of lions, a gaggle of geese, a murder of crows, rash of lawyers.....
What do we call a group of woodworkers? (Aside from "the wreck"?)
-JBB
PS: I apologize in advance if this has been done before.
J.B. Bobbitt wrote:

A dusting of woodworkers?
-- Mark
I was thinking "flitch".
-JBB

A guild ;-)
http://www.gnhw.org /
"J.B. Bobbitt" wrote:

I asked my wife. She says, "It doesn't matter. If you have a group of woodworkers together they'll never hear you over their story telling."
Nova wrote:

LOL! Bring out a good chunk of hardwood & the focus changes!
-- Mark

crows,
I got it! a "garage" of woodworkers!

H*ll, *everybody* knows that one.
Woodworkers are, after all, a _splinter_ group.
In keeping with the season...how about a "ghastly of woodworkers."
--
Be sure to check out Joe's and Betty's webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:10:42 -0500, "Thomas Satrom"
How about a discord?
Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address

How about a "raft" of woodworkers?

How about a "block" of woodworkers?
A Lignum!

That would be a "whack of woodworkers".
-Doug (With apologies to the Forestry Forum)

Ouch. That hurt.
-JBB

crows,
In spewed forth and said:

a block of chippers
<<What do we call a group of woodworkers? (Aside from "the wreck"?)>>
I have found a "descent of woodpeckers," a "gatling of woodpeckers," a "fall of woodcocks," and a "chord or woodwinds" but nothing for woodworkers so I guess we're free to invent our own. Here are a few suggestions:
a bark of woodworkers a cut of woodworkers a gloat of woodworkers a norm of woodworkers a ring of woodworkers a gripe of woodworkers a wane of woodworkers a joint of woodworkers
Lee

A pile A slew A horde (double meaning - describes the common practice of hoarding nice boards) A mob A posse A swarm
On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 13:04:20 GMT, "Frank Ketchum"

woodies ?