the answer to foggy or dusty masks

on hf i found a mask that uses a mesh instead of plastic
seems so simple and it is cheap
it will breathe better and the dust will not collect like it does on plastic and it cannot get scratched up
never have liked how plastic masks obstruct the air flow
On Sat, 05 Mar 2016 08:08:30 -0800, Electric Comet wrote:

Are you talking about a dust mask or a face mask?
If a dust mask, I've always liked this one:
www.dustbeegone.com/dustmask.html
It's expensive, but I've been using the same one for about 20 years!
carrying a cross.
On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 18:18:43 +0000 (UTC)

it is a face mask that uses a mesh screen instead of clear plastic
On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 9:11:49 PM UTC, Electric Comet wrote:

There is another good one here that fits very well and has a valve so it will not fog any goggles you may be wearing:
http://bestscrollsaws.com/best-dust-mask-for-scroll-saws/
Electric Comet wrote:

So when turning green wood and it is slinging all that juice you just suck it up?
--
GW Ross

A free society is one where it's safe

...and when it slings your gouge, you suck it up too?

Do gouges get slung that often? I only used a gouge when I was 14 and made a somethingorother in wood shop. ;)
nb --new n' clue--less

They did when I was learning to use a lathe, some fifty years ago. It's something I'll have to re-learn if I ever buy a lathe again.
On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 17:22:06 -0400

green will not make much dust right
so the face shield is good then
will always have a regular shield around but will not use it when turning the seasoned stuff
the mesh face mask is good for table saw and lathe with seasoned wood