the answer to foggy or dusty masks

on hf i found a mask that uses a mesh instead of plastic

seems so simple and it is cheap

it will breathe better and the dust will not collect like it does on plastic and it cannot get scratched up

never have liked how plastic masks obstruct the air flow

Reply to
Electric Comet

Are you talking about a dust mask or a face mask?

If a dust mask, I've always liked this one:

It's expensive, but I've been using the same one for about 20 years!

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

it is a face mask that uses a mesh screen instead of clear plastic

Reply to
Electric Comet

There is another good one here that fits very well and has a valve so it will not fog any goggles you may be wearing:

ged_59

So when turning green wood and it is slinging all that juice you just suck it up?

Reply to
G. Ross

...and when it slings your gouge, you suck it up too?

Reply to
krw

Do gouges get slung that often? I only used a gouge when I was 14 and made a somethingorother in wood shop. ;)

nb --new n' clue--less

Reply to
notbob

They did when I was learning to use a lathe, some fifty years ago. It's something I'll have to re-learn if I ever buy a lathe again.

Reply to
krw

green will not make much dust right

so the face shield is good then

will always have a regular shield around but will not use it when turning the seasoned stuff

the mesh face mask is good for table saw and lathe with seasoned wood

Reply to
Electric Comet